First Time Egg Candler Scared!

shrink wrap keep the humidity up and top down unless they need help. the inner membrane starts to dry out after they pip. it can take a very long or a very short amount of time from pip to zip .try to relax and wait it out .
I am waiting sorry I know I am getting annoying guys. I will do an update tomorrow good night.

no body minds I'm the next to the last one up we all started once me last year. next time you will be an old pro. good luck with the hatch.
caf.gif
I'm getting to old for this.

An Update
It is the morning of day 21 and there are no pips, zips, or chicks.... :(

Sounds like you are worried. Try not to worry yet. We all know that's not easy, but it is not uncommon to have no action by this point. Lets do a recap... You have silkies, right? How many, what kind of Bator are you using, were your temp/humidity steady throughout the process? What are those numbers now?

I have silkies. Started with 17 eggs, have 8 in lockdown (looked fully developed on 18 candle). I have a new HovaBator 1588 Genesis. My temp was always between 99 and 100. and humidity was somewhere between 25-45. Now my temp is at 98.5-99, and humidity is at 60-70.
Sounds like you are worried. Try not to worry yet. We all know that's not easy, but it is not uncommon to have no action by this point. Lets do a recap... You have silkies, right? How many, what kind of Bator are you using, were your temp/humidity steady throughout the process? What are those numbers now?

If its not all that uncommon now, do you think I should see something by the end of the day? Thank you

I have silkies. Started with 17 eggs, have 8 in lockdown (looked fully developed on 18 candle). I have a new HovaBator 1588 Genesis. My temp was always between 99 and 100. and humidity was somewhere between 25-45. Now my temp is at 98.5-99, and humidity is at 60-70. 

I'll tell ya Cole, that sounds perfect to me! As long as it was accurate thermometer and hygrometer, you've done your part. Its up to those babies now. I predict you will see something today. Will you be home to watch? I've heard silkies are hard to incubate, but I've also been told they are easy, so I dont know. But today should be an exciting day!

I'll tell ya Cole, that sounds perfect to me! As long as it was accurate thermometer and hygrometer, you've done your part. Its up to those babies now. I predict you will see something today. Will you be home to watch? I've heard silkies are hard to incubate, but I've also been told they are easy, so I dont know. But today should be an exciting day!
I will not be home until 4(eastern time) :(. But since is takes around 12 hours from pip to hatch, I should be able to watch them. Thanks for all the help.

Back
Top Bottom