Happy Thirsty Thursday everyone.
IMG_5649.jpeg

After having to bob for a sinking ball, View attachment 3784251He put this one next to the water holeView attachment 3784252(Funny thing is, this one floats)

View attachment 3784253And thirsty babies: top to bottom: Jane, Blurr, Violet, and Rose circling, with Betsy running off screen. Big door was open, and a bit chilly.
Wow those kiddos sure are growing like weeds! You know how think I prefer it a bit chilly for them instead of being hot.

Henny Penny raising those chicks this past winter (even though it was mild), proved that they can handle the cold if they have access to a warm up area, warm water and lots of food. Easier to warm up then cool down.

Consternation amongst the flock: Becky is unwell. And it’s a different illness than Albert’s. I started a course of clotrimazole cream around her bum- just topically though. I feel uncertain of just how helpful this will be?

Cons: Becky is lethargic, hasn’t laid in two days, vastly diminished appetite, major feather loss around her cloaca, and the feathers that remain have sticky discharge on them (*no weird yeasty smell).

Pros: walking/standing fine, tail up, comb bright, pooping solid so we know she’s not obstructed. Her (soft) belly doesn’t appear nearly distended enough to be water belly. Crop seems fine, but I need to keep an eye on it to make sure it’s emptying.

Oh these chickens!

I took this undignified photo while she was eating her morning mash. So at least she’s eating :confused: View attachment 3784170

On another note, the chooks are so mad at me! I let them out to free range, and not six minutes into it they got pelted by a hail storm and had to book it back to the covered run. Well it lasted just a few minutes so I opened the door back up for them so they’d get another chance in the yard. On their way out they gave me a piece of their mind, what they thought of all that hail and I had better not let that happen again.:old Well, would you believe it happened not just once, nor twice, but three times! In the span of like an hour- three waves of hail! By then, they were refusing to range for worms any further than a couple of feet from their run- just in case. Sorry girls!
I would trim those feathers off, and continue with the ointment if her poops are ok.

Amazing that BoPeeps is helping Sir Jaffar find his feed bowl. He’s been pecking at the feed and drinking the water. She’s been a good influence on him. So hard for me to see him getting weaker and weaker. I’m hoping that Bo isn’t affected by the antibiotics in the feed. This stuff isn’t easy for me!
:th

Good morning from the Silkies

Teddy is adorable. It looks like he has calmed down in your presence. You are going to have to keep me updated on any Teddy x Marty offspring. Teddy appears to be the same color variety as my Poppet. Seeing as how Poppet is a spoiled princess freeloader who thinks laying a egg is beneath her. If I want to see what colors come out of that cross, I will have to base it on his and Marty's children. Genetics are crazy and way more complicated then I can go into at the moment. In theory though, if I have it right, any cross between Teddy x Marty or Branch x Poppet should end up being 50% black and 50% black partridge which is supposedly what Teddy and Poppet appear to be.

Back
Top Bottom