French frogs

Silkie question. Dora and Daisy are my young little pullets. They are not putting on weight like I would want. BUT, these are my first group of Silkies so I don't know if they are slow growers.

Silkies don't weigh a lot at full growth, so not sure if what you're seeing is just their norm or not... all that fluff can make you think they should weigh more too...

Pick them up and feel under the fluff for excessive boniness... if they aren't angular and sharp boned, then they should be fine...

Ours prefers to tell us when he is ready to go, and whether he wants to walk or go with the bike or in the car.  He does not care so much about the destination, it's the journey.

When we fail to get the hint, he can become quite annoying, including false alarm barks to get us to the door where the leashes hang.

Silkie question. Dora and Daisy are my young little pullets. They are not putting on weight like I would want. BUT, these are my first group of Silkies so I don't know if they are slow growers.
Mine grow slow. I can't even sex them until they crow, and then I'm only 75% accurate
gig.gif

They don't lay dark eggs
rant.gif
No they don't, but they are great layers with huge eggs. I just make sure that anyone buying them doesn't expect "chocolate" eggs

Silkies don't weigh a lot at full growth, so not sure if what you're seeing is just their norm or not... all that fluff can make you think they should weigh more too...

Pick them up and feel under the fluff for excessive boniness... if they aren't angular and sharp boned, then they should be fine...
blah-blah-blah-o.gif

@abbevilleoz

Armand and Daisy. And my yard is finally almost thawed!

That is one of the coolest chickens I have ever seen.

our chicks arrived safe......all of them made it alive on a trip from MN.

we ordered 10 SLW pullets and 5 SLWroos, 10 white leghorn chicks.

they sent two mystery rare breed birds......

one of the leghorns was not very active so had them put it ina shoe box in the brooder, with water and a little bit of food, under the lamp.

eta: soon as my phone decides to stop acting up, I will get a few pics up.
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom