French frogs

I may be getting Wheaten/Blue Wheaten Ameraucana eggs in a few weeks! So excited.
wee.gif

Quote:
I've been discussing the genetics and swapping photos with Kevin Porter and Dana Manchester, who are the gurus on turkey color genetics. Dana is suspecting that these will end up as Midnight Moons or Blood Moons, depending on whether the red we are seeing is an expression of the blackwing bronze gene or if it's based on a true red gene. Either way they promise to be lovely, and large, turkeys. The Moon colors have two bronze, two gray, and two Narragansett genes (toms) or one (hens). Blood Moon has a single red gene added, Blue Moon has a single slate gene added. The white poult is actually good, it proves that both parents carry a recessive white gene since white only expresses when two copies are present. Oregon Gray have a gray and a white gene instead of the two grays of the Moons.

Last edited:
I've been discussing the genetics and swapping photos with Kevin Porter and Dana Manchester, who are the gurus on turkey color genetics. Dana is suspecting that these will end up as Midnight Moons or Blood Moons, depending on whether the red we are seeing is an expression of the blackwing bronze gene or if it's based on a true red gene. Either way they promise to be lovely, and large, turkeys. The Moon colors have two bronze, two gray, and two Narragansett genes (toms) or one (hens). Blood Moon has a single red gene added, Blue Moon has a single slate gene added. The white poult is actually good, it proves that both parents carry a recessive white gene since white only expresses when two copies are present. Oregon Gray have a gray and a white gene instead of the two grays of the Moons.

idunno.gif
Way over my head, but I bet they are going to be gorgeous!

Back
Top Bottom