French frogs

sc etal

I know you like the Amer's, what is it that makes them one of your favorites?

I just love the way they look. The blue eggs make for a nice basket, but the birds are gorgeous. I always liked the muffs on my EEs, but the muffs on these pure AMs are amazing. I'm getting 6-7 eggs/day from 8 hens, and the roosters look like they would make a good meal if you were so inclined.
I would keep them even if I weren't selling, but they are selling like hotcakes. Even roosters will sell

From who??

Kiersten Parkerson. She's on the ABC directory but I "met" her in the Orloff club. Her Orloffs are from the same person mine are, so I may have her send me some of those eggs, too.

I'm not going to show nor am I going to sell. Just looking to collect some nice yard candy and I love how you can sex wheatens pretty early when their feathers start coming in
big_smile.png

ETA: She's also in Arizona at an elevation of almost 3,000 feet, so hopefully the eggshells will be just a little more porous so the altitude here won't affect them as much. And it's not as far to ship.

Last edited:
I just love the way they look. The blue eggs make for a nice basket, but the birds are gorgeous. I always liked the muffs on my EEs, but the muffs on these pure AMs are amazing. I'm getting 6-7 eggs/day from 8 hens, and the roosters look like they would make a good meal if you were so inclined.
I would keep them even if I weren't selling, but they are selling like hotcakes. Even roosters will sell

Flock show him a pic of the blue splash roo. 'Nough said
1f604.png

I forgot I even had that picture. I don't have the polish any more, but the black ones in that picture are my cuckoo marans the day they arrived
love.gif

The polish that I hatched were my favorite to watch actually zip the shell. (Quail a close second!) They made such a wide zip, I could actually watch them spin inside the shell.

Did not like them as much, once they grew a little.

X3

But I sure am honored and excited that she shared them with me! :celebrate

Kiersten Parkerson.  She's on the ABC directory but I "met" her in the Orloff club.  Her Orloffs are from the same person mine are, so I may have her send me some of those eggs, too.

I'm not going to show nor am I going to sell.  Just looking to collect some nice yard candy and I love how you can sex wheatens pretty early when their feathers start coming in  :D  

ETA: She's also in Arizona at an elevation of almost 3,000 feet, so hopefully the eggshells will be just a little more porous so the altitude here won't affect them as much.  And it's not as far to ship.

That's very awesome! And yep, that's why I like our Sulmtalers... but they're slow to mature properly... :/

Back
Top Bottom