French frogs

From what I understand, cresting is incompletely dominant so the 5 Legbar mixes should end up with crests. I noticed 3 of the little guys have a little tuft starting, like the one in the pic.

Went out to collect eggs from the Ameraucana nest and Quasimodo was sitting on the nest AGAIN, and he CHIT all over those pretty eggs. I picked him up and put him in with the meat chicks. I was so upset. I went out to pUT the chicks in the coop and told Quasi that he had to sleep on the roost under the tin as those babieis would be covered in poop by the morning. Quasi won't know what to think when those little tykes come stampeding out of that coop in the morning wanting grub.

What do you think-beginnings of a crest or wishful thinking?

Crested...

From what I understand, cresting is incompletely dominant so the 5 Legbar mixes should end up with crests.  I noticed 3 of the little guys have a little tuft starting, like the one in the pic.

I've found it is harder to get uncrested mixes than it is to get proper crests in pure Legbars... dunno why... but all my mixes have had bigger and better crests and yet I have still gotten occasional uncrested pures... :/

Went out to collect eggs from the Ameraucana nest and Quasimodo was sitting on the nest AGAIN, and he CHIT all over those pretty eggs. I picked him up and put him in with the meat chicks. I was so upset. I went out to pUT the chicks in the coop and told Quasi that he had to sleep on the roost under the tin as those babieis would be covered in poop by the morning. Quasi won't know what to think when those little tykes come stampeding out of that coop in the morning wanting grub.

:lau

Good morning WV.

How did your husband do at the house last night?

Mornin Bert. Not too bad. Lots of pain but day by day, we know it will improve. Staying home with him today. Its going to be a beautiful day, so I should get some time outside with the birds when he naps.

Back
Top Bottom