French frogs

Oh everyone I found out I'm gonna be a grandpa again...this time from my youngest son......
yesss.gif

x4 on the congrats! That's awesome!!

(I hope I'm not a grandma again for a long time though....
big_smile.png
)

Happy Easter WV!!! Woke up to 10 hatched by day 20.
Very exciting! I hope their all doing well! And their beautiful little chicks!
Happy Easter!
Hope yours was WONDERFUL
1f49b.png
1f423.png
and it sounds like it was!
Baby picks! First five are EEs:
Check out the noggin on this Silkie:
This Mrs. Oz's favorite .
She's adorable!
:lau that's really is what it looks like. The big one has 3-4 ridges that look like scars.
Ha! So true! Hopefully they'll straighten out.
Today was a day with family, but I managed to get a little done on the brooder. I built the trays to which the hardware cloth will be attached. They are designed to slide out for pressure washing. Now to figure out the door/face frame configuration and I can get it running for the upcoming hatches.
Those are amazing! Really very nice
1f49b.png
Me, too! Always wanted a wood shop. I had never seen a Lemon Cuckoo Orp before. They are pretty. The mottled Javas she had were impressive, too. My little wife is sawing timber on the couch! :gig That still tickles me for some reason. Zzzzzzzz.
Me too!
1f49b.png
1f49b.png
I picture this little tiny woman...remind her to watch her fingers! Ya just neeeever know! Lol
I guess it's because she's so prim and proper. I take videos of her sometimes. Makes her furious. If she gets still for a second, she's history!
My Dad was big on taking movie pictures! His camara or video camera camcorder was never out of reach!
2764.png
my Daddy's been gone for over 20 years and I still miss him so much.
2764.png
Walnut, chicks hatched...
How precious those little peeps are
1f423.png
1f423.png
They are pretty... my roo is the biggest dork ever... got beat up by Silkies and hid in their coop... the hens are just... meh... not much personality for me...
Poor guy!!!!
Well... it was 3... 2 roos and a cockerel... but he weighs more than all 3 combined x3... :gig
Wow! Their so funny!
Pic of Shame... :lau
Poor fella!! His ladies will never look at him the same! Lol
good morning, frawgs!!! hope everyone's Easter was great...... had the grandbabies over for a hunt Sunday morning...... they loved the baby chicks......... PappaDaddy, may have accidentally promised to build a run, and hatch a couple of chicks for grandbabie Zowie..... that girl, wanted one of all of them......lol
That's really nest Bert! Sounds like your s pretty neat grandpa...
Awww that's sweet Bert! Hatch some chicks for her. Bunches of them! (you're probably lucky that you didn't have baby ducklings yet) :D I had a very productive weekend. Got 2 of my drakes moved to the pond at camp. Now my female duck can live in peace without being gang-banged by all 3 drakes. I kept one male and the female at home. He seems to miss the other boys more than she does, but they seem to be bonding better now. And I cleaned their pool, and kept the boys out while she had time all by herself! She had a blast!
That's so great! Love them! They will be super happy.
I also got my lighted "The Birdcage" sign mounted. I decided to try it outside the run first, because its pretty bright! But when I went out last night in the dark, it wasn't really as bright as I thought it would be. I initially intended to put it inside the run, so I may try moving it there, just to see. Now it just projects out into the yard a little, and not directly into the run. ETA - going to have hubby run some wiring when he is able, to a switch. Right now just using an extension cord.
I love the sign! And the run!
Since you asked, LOL. One BWA and one EE/Orloff at the top, the rest are my Orloffs.
Two shipped Orloffs not looking good in the ICU, the BWA should be fine and I'll probably put it in the brooder this evening.
Friday their adorable.
Oh everyone I found out I'm gonna be a grandpa again...this time from my youngest son......:yesss:
Congratulations Phil! I'm real happy for you
1f49b.png

Just watch out for them scratching at them with their nails...
Adorable!!
Thanks on the adorableness, you never quite know what Orloffs are going to look like as chicks. Then they feather out so differently as juvies, then change again completely with their adult feathers. After that they just tend to get a little whiter with each molt.

Well, Shipped Orlloff 1 decided to rip open his yolk sack, and after I cleaned up the bloody, yolky mess and cut it off, I held pressure with a gauze covered in antibiotic ointment. Thankfully no intestines were out. It quit oozing, now I have a really funky gauze diaper/sling thing trying to hold a dressing on. Every hour I give him sips of electrolyte sugar water, and he just wants to run around until he crashes and sleeps..

Hope the tough guy makes it - you'd never know by his actions that he lost so much blood and yolk.

Just lost the other Shipped Orloff.
sad.png

Sorry about all the troubles on the shipped eggs Friday.

Hearing about everyone's problems with those types of eggs, seriously makes me consider, going with just day-old chicks

Thanks Bert.

Last time I lost most of the eggs, but those few that hatched did OK. This time the ones that hatched late all had problems. If my home eggs hadn't hatched well, I'd really think it was something I did.

There are people that have pretty good results with shipped eggs. Just seems like I'm not one of them.

Of course I've only done two hatches , but it seems on both of them, I am about 50% for the late ones. Half of them had hatched fine, the other half hatched with problems

Help..
My sweet little Eve...I accidentally closed her little toe in the door of the cage last night. I thought everybody was clear. Til she squealed and to my horror I had her by the toe! Thought she was fine last night but this morning she was sitting mostly, turns out I apparently amputated her little toe!! I took her out and gave the foot a 5 minute warm Epsom salt soak then put antibiotics on it and the stuff to help stop pecking.
She's eating but her crop's not full at all. She's drinking too. She hasn't moved since I put her down for these pics. She's even still under the blanket.
I know this is nothing compared to the beloved birds you guys have been treating and trying to save but..she's 3 weeks old and acts like its gonna do her in. I have seen the others peck at it a couple of times but they're pretty much leaving her alone.....she's so special to me! She's the sweetest, friendliest,...and my favorite
1f49b.png
she does eat from my hand with encouragement.
Any advice is so appreciated, thanks frawgs
1f49b.png

Back
Top Bottom