French frogs

Hey, bring an oxygen tank from the hospital and pipe in some extra.
gig.gif

Forget that set me up an IV to a bottle of booze .
frow.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

I think it depends on the diets, personally, but I do like them for baking better than chicken eggs. But I agree with Deb, yummy scrambled too!

I had been using them for all my cookies, brownies and such, but used a lavender orpington eggs for chocolate chip cookies and I tell ya, they were fabulous!!

Some recipes adjust ok with the larger duck eggs, some not so much.
Yeah

I'm good . Hope your wrong about your hatch
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
. I know this is stupid question but could you build a small oxygen tent over your incubator? Maybe come up with a oxygen generator to supply the oxygen around it .

Maybe if I really, really wanted to go into the shipped-eggs-from-low-altitude hatching business. (Oxygen concentrators are a minimum of $700) Definitely not worth it for my few shipped hatches a year. I'm only doing these Barnevelder eggs for someone who lives 2,000 feet higher than I do and we're hoping to have better success than she's had in the past.

Since my chickens are for home use only, I'll just hatch from my local eggs - which do fine, and order eggs only when I have gambling money to burn.

LOL Losing half at lockdown is common on the high altitude threads. None of us has found a realistic way to increase the oxygen in to incubator to 23% to compensate for the decreased gas exchange. The poor chicks just outgrow the available oxygen, even with the vents wide open. (For shipped eggs coming from low altitude.)

My first shipped hatch - 5/11. So I call myself a realist, even though I tend to be pessimistic.
gig.gif

Just a thought...have you ever tried incubating at a slightly higher temperature to get the chick out of the shell faster, or to scrub the cuticle off the egg over the air cell to enhance vapor exchange? Or even (gasp) drilling a tiny hole in the air cell with a 1/64" bit at lockdown? If I had to deal with those conditions I'd be trying all sorts of off the wall things.

GQF cabinets are all three up and running. Spent all my little bit of spare time putting that mess back together . Turned it on last night letting it run to cure the paint . it smells bad tonight . I only painted the inside . the fumes are pretty strong . I'm thinking the original paint was some kind of epoxy enamel so I left the out side alone.
Maybe if I really, really wanted to go into the shipped-eggs-from-low-altitude hatching business. (Oxygen concentrators are a minimum of $700) Definitely not worth it for my few shipped hatches a year. I'm only doing these Barnevelder eggs for someone who lives 2,000 feet higher than I do and we're hoping to have better success than she's had in the past.

Since my chickens are for home use only, I'll just hatch from my local eggs - which do fine, and order eggs only when I have gambling money to burn.
So I'm guessing you checked into cost and have thought doing something like that . At this point I'm so deep in the hole what's a few more hundred dollars .
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom