French frogs

Quote: I thought so too. :)

Turkey are just loaded with personality! I taught mine to climb on a wagon to ride. lol for the kids.

Quote: That's wonderful.

Quote: Yours will grow. This bunch was so much fun.
love.gif

Hello Frogs

Has anyone ever heard of a Borador cross before? It is a cross between a boarder collie and lab and apparently sells for $650 dollars :/

Who spends 650 for a mutt?

The same people who spent insane amounts on Labradoodles, Goldendoodles and Yorki-poos.  

My "mostly-border-collie" and my "half Aussie" came from a rescue. Wish I knew what they were mixed with - maybe they are worth a fortune!  (LOL)

Lol that is true. I have a couple mutts myself, too bad I do not know their parentage.
I like mutts, but if I am going to spend that amount of money it had better be a purebred, with papers

That tom, with the Narragansett and Narragansett with gray hens I see, can throw: White Bronze and Bronze with a single blackwing gene (wing feathers won't be barred) Narragansett Narragansett with gray Oregon Gray Midnight Moon My new champagne baby is a product of my Oregon Gray and a Bourbon Red hen. He will be either a Frosted Oregon Gray or Frosted Dark Gray...same as that pretty boy but with a mist of red over the shoulders and on the tail.
Do you think the Midnight Moon or the OG offspring will have the weight issues? Just curious... since the girls are much smaller am hoping they'll mix well... I can't wait to see that baby grow out!!! So happy for you! :celebrate
City folk...courtesy of my daughter :lau
:lau Tell them I killed the squirrel...
You won't find pics of most of these. There are handfuls of them in the world.
:hugs

Sweet to the chicks, anyway--let's just say that she's an awesome protector, who was denying the coop and run to all the other chickens yesterday! She seems to have calmed down a bit today, though I made a point of not opening up her pen until after I let everyone else out into the yard.
Quote: Hm... No black accent feathers yet--there's black tracing and some pale/white spots. Then again, we're just starting to see the first set of feathers, since they're just 2 weeks old now (and they're still half fuzz). Doesn't really matter to me anyway--the lady that said she'd take 3-4 didn't care what kind they were and the only one of the bunch I'm definitely keeping is Fudge (if Fudge ends up being a "she".)

Do you think the Midnight Moon or the OG offspring will have the weight issues? Just curious... since the girls are much smaller am hoping they'll mix well...

I can't wait to see that baby grow out!!! So happy for you!
celebrate.gif

lau.gif

Tell them I killed the squirrel...
hugs.gif
Here is a Frosted Oregon Gray from Kevin Porter. His tail is beat up and missing the black bar.

And a Midnight Moon from Dana Manchester (who named them...but this one is not quite perfect, there is a barred tail feather showing)

Last edited:
Since you all are talking Turkeys my story for today is . I got one of those driveway alarms so I would know when the van comes to get Ben . got it set about a hundred yards from the house . I'm surprised it works good to good if fact . this morning it started going off twenty minutes before the van got here . I look out the window to see a huge tom and four big hens walking up the drive towards the house . and me with no camera. the tom was all fanned out strutting .
hmm.png
. other thing tall hay waving in the wind will set it off and small birds flying by.

Since you all are talking Turkeys my story for today is . I got one of those driveway alarms so I would know when the van comes to get Ben . got it set about a hundred yards from the house . I'm surprised it works good to good if fact . this morning it started going off twenty minutes before the van got here . I look out the window to see a huge tom and four big hens walking up the drive towards the house . and me with no camera. the tom was all fanned out strutting .
hmm.png
. other thing tall hay waving in the wind will set it off and small birds flying by.
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom