Frizzle thread

Pics
Sonrise...What kind is the black and white one in the background of the frizzle pic? My son saw that one and loves it...now wants one. Sigh--- :) maybe we can wrangle a female...our 1st 3 were roo's (so far as we know)...I guess we weren't to good at choosing.
he.gif
Now maybe we can have a better idea what we are looking at...and maybe I wont let my son pick the
D.gif
next ones. Im learning to spot them much quicker now
ya.gif
from all the help on BYC

Yep, I wouldn't let the kids pick chickens...besides once they do then you are stuck with them, No matter how good you get at picking you still can make mistakes with the sex of chicks.
Here is a closer up pic of the Silver laced Cochin

Wish I had better pics of them, they are very pretty!!! Just babies of course.

This one above, I believe to be a Birchen, and think it is a roo.

These two above are Columbian pattern. I have a trio of these.
They are all bantam cochins, not the best by any means.....I picked the black and whites and just waited for them to grow up and see what they were.
I think I love them ALL!
I am breeding Calico Cochins and these others are just for pets and for as I always say "my viewing pleasure"

I LOVE the Silver Laced. We went out looking yesterday and found an 8 week old silver..but it had an eye infection and couldn't take any risks spreading any diseases to mine. That is just a gorgeous flock you have....I love all of the patterns and colors of all. The Columbian are sooooo cute. I want them all ;)
thumbsup.gif

Don't think I put this pic on before...if I did I'm sorry.
This is a Blue Laced Wyandotte and she has a hatch of SilkieXCalico Cochin chicks.
Pretty confusing but I wanted to try it. They are adorable, and she loves them! Me too!
love.gif

I apologize...these have nothing to do with Frizzles. Forgive me
hide.gif

Im wondering now..if I actually have a frizzle or a frazzle..a little bald under the wings but is filling out...still looks slightly pathetic compared to the group. Hopefully will turn out pretty though...but the feathers just don't looks like the pretty frizzles on BYC. Also is this a cochin? Any ideas

this was night shine at 6 weeks

now at around 8 weeks...slowly filling out..is that normal for frizzles?

on here.

Don't think I put this pic on before...if I did I'm sorry.
This is a Blue Laced Wyandotte and she has a hatch of SilkieXCalico Cochin chicks.
Pretty confusing but I wanted to try it. They are adorable, and she loves them! Me too!
love.gif

I apologize...these have nothing to do with Frizzles. Forgive me
hide.gif

Does she have feathered feet? Looks alot like our Maran roo....(he was hatched in a class and all the eggs were supposed to be Black copper Marans and he is not black and maybe not a maran. no idea now.

Im wondering now..if I actually have a frizzle or a frazzle..a little bald under the wings but is filling out...still looks slightly pathetic compared to the group. Hopefully will turn out pretty though...but the feathers just don't looks like the pretty frizzles on BYC. Also is this a cochin? Any ideas this was night shine at 6 weeks now at around 8 weeks...slowly filling out..is that normal for frizzles? on here.
I'm pretty sure you have a roo. I am going by the comb. I just raised 3 boys and 1 girl. He looks just like mine at that age. They go through a very long ugly phase. Don't worry. He will fill out nicely. Does not look frazzled to me

Back
Top Bottom