Frizzle thread

Hey guys! I have a question! I have a little frizzle/sizzle chick from a group of Silkies I recently bought. The other frizzled ones look pretty much as expected, but this little guy's feathers are crazy! I noticed it's wing feathers REALLY stick out. Much more than on the others. I know they usually have goofy wing feathers, but since this is my first experience with raising them, I'm not sure what's normal and what's not. This look right or should I be concerned about the wings?
Thanks so much!

Also if any one has any thoughts on color I'm open to hearing it! Was hoping for at least one porcelain out of the group. Not sure any are though.

Don't know color, maybe splash but most likely a porcelain? But I don't think the wings are anything to be worried about, I don't know he/she might just be a little curlier than the rest. Good luck with your new one!
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Hello,

I have a few ideas of what s/he (hoping for a she) is, but nothing concrete. I was told it was a polish, but I'm thinking some type of cross, since there is an extra toe. Hoping it'll become more clear as it grows. Thoughts?

The first 2 photos are from a week ago. The last photo is this week. As of right now we call it Carlotta. Who knows, maybe she'll end up Carl.

The extra toe and black skin would strongly suggest a Silkie cross. Your chick looks a lot like my Sizzle chicks, except they have heavily feathered legs :)

I have a little assortment of silkies my buff roo

and party hen

both 6months. But then I got 3 silkie chicks I'm trying to figure out. One looks like a splash Silkie girl,

a splash frizzle girl?,

and a black smooth Silkie???

I'm confused on the little ones. All three little girls are about 5-6wks.

Don't know color, maybe splash but most likely a porcelain?  But I don't think the wings are anything to be worried about, I don't know he/she might just be a little curlier than the rest.  Good luck with your new one!:thumbsup  

Thank you! Given my newness to Frizzle, I just wanted to make sure everything was as it should be. Little guy/gal is coming along nicely. Here's a shot from today, and the partridge frizzled silkie beside it.

Pardon the mess, this was taken right before I cleaned the brooder.

Back
Top Bottom