Frostbite on baby chicks?

Thank you for asking. I was actually going to post an update on them today. I forgot to take pictures of chick 2 but here is Little Foot. I’m hoping the frostbite doesn’t go up any more.
View attachment 2981747View attachment 2981748

Her feet shake all the time unless they’re on something or we are holding them. Is that normal? Like really shake. My husband equated it to beating eggs and my one son said she could play the drums with her legs.

Forgot to add that chick 2 is looking much better and it doesn’t look like he will lose as many toes as I thought. Maybe just the tips of some. He’s coming along really well. I’ll try to remember to take pictures tomorrow morning.

Yes, hopefully it will not wander further above. I'm sorry, I can't be of any help regarding the shaking of her little feet.
I'm glad to hear chick 2 is recovering so well, that's great news that the damage isn't as bad as feared!

Fingers crossed for Little Foot ❤️

Here is Chick 2
0C65E1B5-C2E4-44CD-92F4-B68B2CA7A7CE.jpeg
652EEC31-37CC-441D-B2FC-4400F06D0339.jpeg
31CAC8AC-6362-4028-9795-772707CE3CE2.jpeg

And Chick 3
EA9D2DB4-28FD-4334-BBE0-40DFC8FEBD17.jpeg
11154311-31AD-42A1-A7DD-8FEA06B81784.jpeg

Looks like you're doing a wonderful job taking care of those tiny feet 💜 I am cheering for all of them, especially #2 being that it's going to be a larger bird. Hopefully I haven't mixed up the chicks. I sure hate this happened to them but it seems like they're in wonderful, caring, and loving hands. I'm cheering you on as well 😉

Looks like you're doing a wonderful job taking care of those tiny feet 💜 I am cheering for all of them, especially #2 being that it's going to be a larger bird. Hopefully I haven't mixed up the chicks. I sure hate this happened to them but it seems like they're in wonderful, caring, and loving hands. I'm cheering you on as well 😉
Chick 2 is a going to be heavier bird. Chick 3 will be too actually. They’re both light Brahma mixes. I think they’re both going to be boys too.
The toes are looking better. Keep us posted on their progress, and good job.
Do you think chick 3 still needs soaking? He has been losing toenails but I think that’s due to the frostbite.

Thank you both for your encouragement and kind words. I really appreciate it. Since I really had no idea what I was doing.

Back
Top Bottom