Funniest Things A City Slicker Has Ever Said To You?

We have two donkeys across from our property and one day when we walked out to feed them my friend asked me, "when is that baby one going to grow up?" It was a miniature donkey. The sad part is, she had ridden horses for almost 10 years and owned a horse so I thought she would know the difference... :p

Quote:
The third Thursday of the week directly after February 30th, should suffice. I have people asking me when I will be married, I tell them February 30th, most ask then "to who?" unfortunately most of these people the people whom call me their biological child say I share DNA with these fools. I have yet to see proof.

waddle vs wattle:

wad·dle verb - walk with short steps and a clumsy swaying motion. "Three geese waddled across the road"
synonyms: toddle, dodder, totter, wobble, shuffle;

noun: a waddling gait. "Pregnant women often walk with a waddle"

wat·tle noun - a fleshy lobe or appendage hanging down from the throat or chin of certain birds, as the domestic chicken or turkey.

waddle vs wattle:

wad·dle verb - walk with short steps and a clumsy swaying motion. "Three geese waddled across the road"

wat·tle noun - a fleshy lobe or appendage hanging down from the throat or chin of certain birds, as the domestic chicken or turkey.
...I get the point...

waddle vs wattle:

Overweight people often walk with a waddle while their wattles wobble.

Overweight people often walk with a waddle while their wattles wobble.
smiley-laughing001.gif

My husband was telling a co-worker that we bought chickens, and that some of them are the kind that lay blue or green eggs. His co-worker goes "EWWWW!"
Hubby asked him "What do you mean EW, have you ever tried them?" Of course, he hadn't. Despite explaining that the contents of eggs are basically the same regardless of shell color, and eggs from healthy happy backyard hens are tastier than the ones from the grocery store, the co-worker was convinced they must be icky. Sigh. My husband often suspects he is working with a group of four year olds in fully grown bodies (note that they are people who graduated high school and somehow managed to pass commercial driver's license exams, none of them have special needs).

A few years ago we were at the zoo and of course the kids wanted to visit the petting zoo section. I was telling the keeper that we hope to get chickens and goats eventually. She was really nice, asking if we planned on meat goats or milk goats. I told her we did want to milk our goats, and she reminded me I need to have a plan in place for the babies because "They can't make milk without having a baby." I looked down at my own breastfed infant in the sling on my chest and told her I had a pretty good grasp of the lactation process. She laughed and told me I'd be surprised how many people have NO IDEA that dairy animals don't just spontaneously lactate one day after they reach maturity.

But wait, it gets better. I was sitting in the church nursery telling my friends about this zookeeper conversation, and one of my friends goes "Wait, cows have to have a baby to make milk?!"

I giggled a bit and said "Well can YOU make milk without having a baby?" Thankfully my friend is very good-natured and has a fantastic sense of humor or that could have been awkward.

^^^ lol,

To be fair though.... Some really good dairy lines CAN produce milk without having offspring. In some really good dairy goat lines, even the males can produce milk... Supposedly, some well enough to be regular milkers. There was even someone who recently posted a question about a lactating buck they have on a goat group I'm on, the buck is from very good milk lines and multiple experienced dairy goat people stepped in and said its not uncommon and happens from time to time in good lines. Also regular questions about un-freshened doelings coming into milk. And some does can be milked continuously for YEARS without drying up or needing to be re-bred.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom