Funniest Things A City Slicker Has Ever Said To You?

FrizzleFreak

Songster
11 Years
Jan 3, 2009
Oregon, west of Portland
I had my Silkie on display, and this is a question I got:
"What kind of rabbit is that? And where could I get one?"
I politely answered the question as best I could, and then me and my friends were LOLing for a very long time.
I was walking my goat.
" Say 'May I pet your dog?'" In all seriousness, from a mom to her kid. The kid then looked at me and said "That's a weird looking dog."
lau.gif

Oh, and I was earnestly informed that if a chicken bit me, I would get rabies and have to get a shot. That's why I shouldn't show chickens.
gig.gif

Also, somebody was calling the Romneys goats, and my Nubians sheep.
So? What have you got? I can't think of any more right now, but I'm sure you have some. I can't wait till Fair, so I can collect some more.
<no offense to city slickers, but I doubt there are any on here, and if there are, then I need to inform them that they can be truly hilarious>

So my cousins visited this past weekend from Roswell. As I was sitting inside talking with the older folks Saturday evening, the young cousins came in screaming that all the chickens were dead and missing their heads. I've had coyote trouble lately, so I frantically ran out...

All the chickens were asleep with their heads under their wings.
roll.png

Last edited:
gig.gif

That reminds me, a grown man heard I was good with chickens, and told me that his daughter was trying to hatch an egg from the fridge by wrapping it in her favorite blankies and sweaters. He was worried they would hatch.
lau.gif

and you are being "Judgmental" yourself.....
Maybe. I'll tell you why I said what I did though. Once I was on the fair circuit for several months showing dairy goats. I got so tired of the dumb (to me) questions. Like, "Do they eat tin cans?" (Wish they did because tin cans are a lot cheaper than alfalfa), "Why did you cut their ears off?" ( this in reference to the LaMancha that is born without ears, and there was a sign right there explaining that), and a bunch of other questions that I have now forgotten. Anyway, I took a break from the goat barn and ambled over to the flower exhibit. I was standing there admiring the flowers and I said something like, "My, what beautiful mums!!", when I heard this icy (very icy) voice behind me say, " THOSE are dahlias". Oops. They looked liked mums to me. But that encounter taught me something. Nobody, including me, knows everything, and that I, just like the visitors to the goat barn, was capable of making dumb comments. I have been a lot more patient with people and their dumb questions since.

A few years ago I saw a contestant on Family Feud who was an elementary school teacher. This woman thought Hawaii was a foreign country and that New Mexico was part of Mexico.

I once knew a college educated travel agent who asked me if London was a country. When I responded "No. It's a city in England", she asked if England was a continent.
th.gif

I'm sure this has been posted before but..............

I brought a co-worker in eggs this morning and when I gave them to him he said, "why are they brown? what's wrong with them, are they old?"

Really?????

People kill me. The only advantage of white eggs over any other color is that they're easier to color at Easter. Otherwise, there's no difference.

At least with blue, brown, pink, and green, the chicken has done the work for you and your fingers don't get stained.

It was Spring and the neighbors had put a breeding harness (chalk-filled breast plate) on their rams to figure out who was breeding what when. They were shades of pink, blue and green. Some of our city friends came up and wanted to know if it was a local custom to dye the sheep for Easter.....

waddle vs wattle:

wad·dle verb - walk with short steps and a clumsy swaying motion. "Three geese waddled across the road"
synonyms: toddle, dodder, totter, wobble, shuffle;

noun: a waddling gait. "Pregnant women often walk with a waddle"

wat·tle noun - a fleshy lobe or appendage hanging down from the throat or chin of certain birds, as the domestic chicken or turkey.
Overweight people often walk with a waddle while their wattles wobble.

Back
Top Bottom