Funniest Things A City Slicker Has Ever Said To You?

I'm sure this has been posted before but..............

I brought a co-worker in eggs this morning and when I gave them to him he said, "why are they brown? what's wrong with them, are they old?"

Really?????

I'm sure this has been posted before but..............

I brought a co-worker in eggs this morning and when I gave them to him he said, "why are they brown? what's wrong with them, are they old?"

Really?????

People kill me. The only advantage of white eggs over any other color is that they're easier to color at Easter. Otherwise, there's no difference.

At least with blue, brown, pink, and green, the chicken has done the work for you and your fingers don't get stained.

That is exactly why I do not get why people charge more for brown or other colored eggs. The hen does the exact same thing and they are fed the same thing no extra expense involved.

That is exactly why I do not get why people charge more for brown or other colored eggs. The hen does the exact same thing and they are fed the same thing no extra expense involved.

Supply and demand

I have an Aunt used to sell eggs at an Oriental market. She would get $12. a dozen for green eggs because her customers believed they had medicinal properties.. Since she didn't have as many green egg layers and the demand for the green eggs was higher she could get top dollar for those eggs.
Her brown eggs sold for $5 a dozen .. and the plain whites went for $3. a dozen .. again because people believed the brown eggs were healthier for you than the whites were.
She tried explaining to people that her birds all ate the same feed and there was nothing special about he eggs. But after seeing other people buy all of her green eggs then turn right around and sell them in the stall next to her for $12. a dozen she decided to keep the profit for herself.

Yinepu..Your aunt sounds like a smart lady. I guess ignorance can come in handy when it comes to selling eggs to those that do not know better. My mother always said the brown eggs were healthier for us and her parents had chickens I guess she just never knew better. Isn't it funny how people think?

Last edited:
Yinepu..Your aunt sounds like a smart lady. I guess ignorance can come in handy when it comes to selling eggs to those that do not know better. My mother always said the brown eggs were healthier for us and her parents had chickens I guess she just never knew better. Isn't it funny how people think?
It is.. my aunt was just selling eggs to get some of her feed money back out of the girls.. but she decided that it was insane to see someone make more profit off of her (and her hens) hard work when they had never lifted a single bag of feed or collected any of those eggs. .

But like I said.. she TRIED to educate the customers.. they just turned a deaf ear to what she was telling them

Health superstition will get them every time. We are such creatures of habit and sometimes refuse to listen to logic once we truly believe wholeheartedly in something but it is really bad when the truth is there for you to see. More power to your aunt she gave it her best shot.
woot.gif
let the superstition continue.

I’ve got one…..My mother is a school teacher and she was the daughter of a farmer and wife to another farmer. She would try teaching the kids about farming. A parent once said to her, “Why do we need farmers when we can just go to the store and buy milk.”

Hmmm hence the need to teach about farming.

I’ve got one…..My mother is a school teacher and she was the daughter of a farmer and wife to another farmer. She would try teaching the kids about farming. A parent once said to her, “Why do we need farmers when we can just go to the store and buy milk.”

and the need of seperation. Just like in the hunger games trilogy, each district has specific exports. Id love to live in 11 or 10.

My boss just told me that one of the teachers said a child was an "agriphobic". I decided that they must be afraid of farms.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom