Funniest Things A City Slicker Has Ever Said To You?

lol.png
These are awesome!

People ask me all the time if we actually eat the eggs my chicken lays. Like she is laying some foreign object not fit for human consumption.

After a friend found out we butchered 3 of our roos, he sincerely asked what they tasted like. Um, they taste like chicken!!!

I was talking to my buddy once and mentioned my hens laying eggs and she looked at me and said, "Eggs come from chickens?" I was disgusted, honestly.

Then the same girl heard me say something about breeding a cow and a bull and she thought I was insane because cows and bulls couldnt breed, they're two different animals. Never knew that, ya know.
roll.png

Quote:
Naw...I've seen worse . The ones dressed head to toe in hunters orange !!!! They leave thier cell phones on and answer it !!! Don't ask ( really had to question if DH was REALLY a hunter when he did this !!) I like it when people will eat the chicken deviled eggs but not the duck ! Did that last easter and they stayed away from the duck ones.....too bad all of the yolks were mixed together !
lau.gif

Last edited:
LOL Ducklings don't need bottles.

I have been asked before what breed of dog my sheep are. I say well, it's a Suffolk dog or for the other it's a Hampshire dog. LOL Now I have Jacobs so I would just say, "it's a 4-horned Jacob dog. neat huh?"

And one time I had a box I wrote "Fragile" "Hatching Eggs" on the side and the post office guy in the big city told me I could not mail hatching eggs since they might hatch before they got where they were going. LOL I told him I sure hope it doesn't take 21 days at 100 degrees for you to ship a priority box. He finally let me ship it after I explained they had to be incubated and even then they may or may not hatch because it depends on several variables.

Another 1st grade mom came over to the house with her son, for a play date.
They walked into the backyard, where we had just finished feeding the goats. She looked at the chicken coop, clearly suprised to find any kind of livestock in a non-farm setting, made some comments about fresh eggs, and wether they needed to be pasturized, and then walked over to the goatpen, where she proceeded to ask me if I got eggs from the goats, too, and what kind they were.
Huh???
th.gif

my dad was playing around one time when i was about 6. he told me i could milk the rooster, all i had to do was flip him upside down and milk his comb. So, later that day i climbed the roosts, tied bailing wire to the rafter and then tied my roosters feet and proceded to try to m.ilk him. poor rooster

Quote:
When I was 13 I raised 10 ducklings, that had been abandoned by their mother, for a family friend that had a farm.
I spent every single day for 3 months of summer vacation with my ducklings. I talked and read to them and they followed me around and sat in my lap.
We had a visitor to our house and I wanted to show off my ducklings. She said after watching them cuddle with me, "When do you plan on butchering them? I'd help if you gave me a couple."

I'm sure they were eventually butchered when they went back to the farm, but really do you ask a 13 year old when they are planning on killing their pet?

Now when my friends ask me when I'm butchering my pet chickens to eat, I tell them as soon as you kill your dog and eat it.

Back
Top Bottom