Funniest Things A City Slicker Has Ever Said To You?

My dad, a deer hunter, worked with several other deer hunters and during the season, they would all bring the pictures of the bucks they killed that year to work, and they had a sort of pot going for the biggest buck. They had a new guy come to work, and he was very "city" but after that first year he wanted to go deer hunting. He found a day lease and came back that next Monday beeming with pride over his albino deer, very rare he said. The picture was a sheep's head.

Quote:
When I was 13 I raised 10 ducklings, that had been abandoned by their mother, for a family friend that had a farm.
I spent every single day for 3 months of summer vacation with my ducklings. I talked and read to them and they followed me around and sat in my lap.
We had a visitor to our house and I wanted to show off my ducklings. She said after watching them cuddle with me, "When do you plan on butchering them? I'd help if you gave me a couple."

I'm sure they were eventually butchered when they went back to the farm, but really do you ask a 13 year old when they are planning on killing their pet?

Now when my friends ask me when I'm butchering my pet chickens to eat, I tell them as soon as you kill your dog and eat it.

I had a very intelligent engineer tell me he was thinking of raising some hogs. He had read everything on the net that he could find.

Since I had raised hogs for 4H & FFA he wanted to ask me a few questions.

Question #1 "How do you tell the difference between boys and girls on baby pigs?"

I laughed and laughed then explained it was very easy to tell the sex of a piglet. Then the questions got more detailed

"What is a sow? What is a gilt? What is a barrow? What is a boar?"

Yep he read all there was about raising hogs.

After explaining about the no rooster needed for eggs thing, and how women ovulate whether or not a male is around, they then said, oh, the hormones are in the food!

gig.gif

Once we were at a fair. a LARGE ANIMALVET was checking my shetland sheep to see if they were healthy. Then he said "Very nice Angora goats" They were in full fleece too.

I went to the PO to pick up my silkie the women at the counter asked me "Why would you order cooked chicken through the mail?" When I told her she was alive she freaked out and asked why I would want an alive chicken?

I went to the PO to pick up my silkie the women at the counter asked me "Why would you order cooked chicken through the mail?" When I told her she was alive she freaked out and asked why I would want an alive chicken?

My brother: Do the roosters lay eggs?

My sister: I feel so bad that the chicks are taken from their moms (as in a mail-order hatchery order) before they get to nurse!
ep.gif

Gotta love those opportunities to teach people about their food
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom