Funniest Things A City Slicker Has Ever Said To You?

We (the zoo) had an outreach at our local fair this weekend. I was holding the Kestrel beside our booth. Every. single. person. tried to pet him.
he.gif
What part of FALCON did they not understand? Funny city slicker question I was asked more than once- Does it talk?
LOL!!!
i havn't read this thread in awhile and i forgot how funny it is

i have toddler boy and girl twins. i am constantly asked, "are they twins?" to which i reply, "yes". this is almost always followed with "are they identical?"

really????

I had them the same time jennifer lopez was having her twins. I used to hear MULTIPLE times a day, "OH how exciting, you're having twins! Just like J Lo!!!"

Yup. Me and J Lo.

In October, a lady came to buy chicks from our farm. She ended up picking out a couple 3 day old chicks which she placed in a plastic storage tote covered with a window screen. As I walked he to her car, I reminded her the chicks are still young and will need artificial heat around 90 degrees, then decrease each week. She said she already know because the "farm store man" told her how she can use a "70 watt light bulb". I agreed that was fine however to monitor the temperature with a thermometer to ensure was in fact 85-90 degree range. She then went on to challenge me that 70 degrees was fine because the 70 watt light bulb had been recommended....... In case you didn't put two and two together she is assuming that # of watts correlate directly to degrees.

She claimed to be running for local government by the way. What is this world coming to?

In October, a lady came to buy chicks from our farm. She ended up picking out a couple 3 day old chicks which she placed in a plastic storage tote covered with a window screen. As I walked he to her car, I reminded her the chicks are still young and will need artificial heat around 90 degrees, then decrease each week. She said she already know because the "farm store man" told her how she can use a "70 watt light bulb". I agreed that was fine however to monitor the temperature with a thermometer to ensure was in fact 85-90 degree range. She then went on to challenge me that 70 degrees was fine because the 70 watt light bulb had been recommended....... In case you didn't put two and two together she is assuming that # of watts correlate directly to degrees.

She claimed to be running for local government by the way. What is this world coming to?
sometimes you have to "will" people out of owning chickens.

last year we sold some chicks,and a lady with her three friends came over to buy some chickens. she asked "are they alive and eating". I couldnt resist to say : nope, they are dead and zombie chickens,but I refrained.I said of course they are alive,I wont be selling dead chicks this year. they all laughed in their giggly ways and then asked " you get real eggs from those big chickens?"

this is the part that I found justified to kill them in buying chickens,scientifically.

I said " yes eggs come from chickens.An egg is a hens cycle and since they only have one way to egress the egg it comes out the back hole,and sometimes chicken excrement is on the egg so you will have to clean the egg before eating it."

they said that was so gross and left.

sometimes we need not to be on the recieving end of ignorance,but we can deal a mighty blow of truth.
yesss.gif

The voters are just as stupid in the county I live in the voters put a person in an office controlling money the person put in had absolutely no background in finance either in a job or educated in accounting, the person loused up and lost the county money, and decided not to run again. Well the same political party ran a person again with no qualifications, and guess what the voters put them in and the person was caught misusing the county credit cards and screwing up on the job like the last person elected. And would you believe the voters put person #3 in from that party who is unqualified????? I have no problems if someone ran from either party but it seems people here are stuck on stupid.

Back
Top Bottom