Funniest Things A City Slicker Has Ever Said To You?

These aren't really "funny", but they're true. I know a guy who wdn't eat anything from a home garden because it all grew in dirt. I know another guy who won't drink well water because he's scared of what might be in it. Another guy wont use home made maple syrup because it comes from trees and, drumroll please....my oldest daughter won't eat brown eggs!
roll.png

Ok I was milking my goat at fair and this lady and I guess her 18-20 something son walks by her sons stops, remember I'm milking my goat. and he asks is that a girl or a boy? and I'm like can you milk a boy? LOL
gig.gif
Actually, sometimes you can. Bucks from high producing lines occasionally produce milk. I had an Alpine buck I had to milk out once or twice a week and I once saw a Toggenburg buck that had to be milked out before they took him in the show ring.

Actually, sometimes you can. Bucks from high producing lines occasionally produce milk. I had an Alpine buck I had to milk out once or twice a week and I once saw a Toggenburg buck that had to be milked out before they took him in the show ring.

Holy crap! I want one of those! Breeder bucks that produce milk?! They're not around just to breed and eat your food anymore, lol.

ep.gif

Was it actually milk? Or was it just... fluid of some sort?

I don't know if I'd be willing to drink "buck milk."
sickbyc.gif

ep.gif

Was it actually milk? Or was it just... fluid of some sort?

I don't know if I'd be willing to drink "buck milk."
sickbyc.gif
It was milk. I sent some to the DHIA lab with the other milk samples and it tested 3.5% butterfat with a negative CMT (California Mastitis Test). My curiosity got the best of me one day and I did taste some of his milk. Tasted just fine, with no bucky or off flavor at all. As I said, milk production in bucks, while not real common, is not exactly rare either. And yes, it is real milk. Unless he has mastitis or some infection. And that happens, too. Especially if his caretaker does not milk him out as needed.

Holy crap! I want one of those! Breeder bucks that produce milk?! They're not around just to breed and eat your food anymore, lol.
They don't generally produce enough milk to make it worth while. My buck produced about a pint at a time, and I didn't have to milk him every day. Just two times a week or so. The Togg buck I referred to produced a lot more milk than my Alpine, but even then, they didn't have to put him in the milk string.

And no, you probably don't want one even though chances are his daughters will be very high producers. There are some problems. One, milking the buck in addition to your other chores is inconvenient, especially since it doesn't have to be done every day and it is easy to forget. Two, if you do forget, the buck may well get mastitis and he can get very sick, or even die, from that. And three, due to the location of the buck's udder, right in front of and next to the scrotum, it can generate enough heat to interfere with fertility.

They don't generally produce enough milk to make it worth while. My buck produced about a pint at a time, and I didn't have to milk him every day. Just two times a week or so. The Togg buck I referred to produced a lot more milk than my Alpine, but even then, they didn't have to put him in the milk string.

And no, you probably don't want one even though chances are his daughters will be very high producers. There are some problems. One, milking the buck in addition to your other chores is inconvenient, especially since it doesn't have to be done every day and it is easy to forget. Two, if you do forget, the buck may well get mastitis and he can get very sick, or even die, from that. And three, due to the location of the buck's udder, right in front of and next to the scrotum, it can generate enough heat to interfere with fertility.
I never saw that in bucks, could you care to post a pic of it? I find it very interesting! I've had Nubians but none of the bucks had teats.

I never saw that in bucks, could you care to post a pic of it? I find it very interesting! I've had Nubians but none of the bucks had teats.
Your bucks have teats. They may not have developed udders, but they do have teats. Don't believe me? Turn one of your bucks upside upside down and look. They are right there in front of the scrotum. In some bucks they may be high up on the scrotum itself. In fact, dairy goat judges check the teats on bucks right there in the show ring to see if the buck has extra or double teats rather than the usual two. Extra teats and double teats are a disqualification for dairy goat bucks. I do not think that is true of Boer bucks, though.

As I said, milking bucks are not common, but they are not exactly rare, either. Talk to some long time breeders or goat dairymen.

As for Nubians, I once saw a big red spotted Nubian buck named Naja Ja Ja Patches. I will never forget him. He had huge long teats. His daughters all had huge long teats and terrible udders. As I remember, they were good milkers. He was the only buck I ever knew who you could tell just by looking at him what kind of udders he would throw. He eventually died of mastitis.

I don't have any pictures of milking bucks. I just never took any. Don't know why, but I didn't.

As far as I know, all male mammals have teats.

Your bucks have teats. They may not have developed udders, but they do have teats. Don't believe me? Turn one of your bucks upside upside down and look. They are right there in front of the scrotum. In some bucks they may be high up on the scrotum itself. In fact, dairy goat judges check the teats on bucks right there in the show ring to see if the buck has extra or double teats rather than the usual two. Extra teats and double teats are a disqualification for dairy goat bucks. I do not think that is true of Boer bucks, though.

As I said, milking bucks are not common, but they are not exactly rare, either. Talk to some long time breeders or goat dairymen.

As for Nubians, I once saw a big red spotted Nubian buck named Naja Ja Ja Patches. I will never forget him. He had huge long teats. His daughters all had huge long teats and terrible udders. As I remember, they were good milkers. He was the only buck I ever knew who you could tell just by looking at him what kind of udders he would throw. He eventually died of mastitis.

I don't have any pictures of milking bucks. I just never took any. Don't know why, but I didn't.

As far as I know, all male mammals have teats.

Yes I read an article once how mammals where named mammals the scientist named them that because they all possessed mammary glands (in essence breasts to some extent) and he thought they where the only ones that did but some aquatic animals produce milk (I want to say whales, but I can't remember for sure).

Back
Top Bottom