Funniest Things A City Slicker Has Ever Said To You?

Had a good one the other day.
What is the difference between a brown chicken egg and a white chicken egg?
The color of the egg shell.
Well how does the chicken know what color of egg it is going to lay?
It depends upon the breed of the chicken.
There is only the white chickens right? No.

I was really trying to not laugh in their face and be nice about it.

I read that you can tell what color the eggs will be based on the color of the feathers. Pretty sure it was a hatchery site, nonetheless. I'm not sure my girls got the memo, as I haven't found any black eggs yet!

You are on to something! The color of the ear lobe region typically hints at the color of the eggs, but not in all breeds - like Easter Eggers! This has usually proven true for me but not with every chicken breed.

I had to read the whole thread.. It took me a while but was just way to funny to stop.. Scary but funny.

I have a story thought it is not about my birds. Though considering the person it is about I can only imagine what she would have said about my getting birds...
Anyway.... about a year and a half ago we decided that we were going to do a house warming party / Mom's 70Th birthday party all together. So to do something special I decided to get a live pig and lamb and raise them for a month to clean them out and put some weight on them.
A Lady from work thought that was the most horrible idea she had ever head of. For a month she would complain, "How dare you raise a pet for the table." I tried to explain... you know the drill... they are not pets... but she would not listen. I asked her were she thought her meat came from and the conditions they are raised in and mine are happy animals .... she said no.. "My meat arrives at the grocery store, a gift from god and wrapped in plastic. It has never known any animal." I had made it a point that I did not invite her to the party.... but after a month of her complaining and my defending the right to raise animals she said that she would just have to come over and try the meat for herself. Now this lady had just had one of the stomach surgeries ( I believe the lap-band) recently and that night she had gone out to eat with friends, Then, came over to my house and demanded food and alcohol. She said the meat was good but she got sick due to over eating and the one drink she had was way beyond her limit. She never got the hint that she was a big joke of the party....
I do not work with this lady any more... I escaped from that job. But I wonder what she would have said when I got chicks last summer. They are laying beautiful blue eggs right now. Let me guess... Right... those are never to be heard of because you can't find them at a grocery store... is my guess...

CatSol you can always tell an idiot, you just can't tell them much! (Head shaking)
Yeah I have dealt with those types before. Nothing short of a thick stick will get it through their heads.

Had a new one tonight.
I have a Jersey milk cow that I milk every day and I share my milk with friends and family.
Well one of my co-workers asked me tonight how do I produce milk on our farm?
I had to stop and look at him and ask him to repeat that question. Because I don't produce it, my milk cow does!
lau.gif

This wasn't said to me, but I over heard a couple of young boys (ages 7 or 8) talking at the farm show:

Boy #1: It's a chicken!!! It's a chicken!!!!!'

Boy #2 (feeling smart): It's not a chicken. It's a rooster!

I also had a pen that had either a cockerel or a rooster on it. I forget why, but for some reason I was stating my chicken obsession by showing one of my friends the pen saying, "See, I have a pen with a chicken on it!" Her reply, "It's not a chicken. It's a rooster."

I can't say I blame them, I made that mistake once... I asked someone if they only had chickens. She replied asking if I meant turkeys or geese. I was like, "No, do you have any roosters?" Of course I DID know that hens were the females, it's just not something I was fresh on. For example, since I am not into cattle I thought that a steer was a breed not too long ago...
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom