Funniest Things A City Slicker Has Ever Said To You?

I was with my neighbor at the state fair and he was showing dariy cattle and a guy ask us '' Can you milk a bull ''..... People now days....
lau.gif

Last edited:
A lady who bought chicks from me inquired what medical care chickens require. I explained treatments for de-worming, mites, etc. She went on to say she meant veterinary care.. I looked at her thinking "WHAT?!" I responded that if a minor situation arises, she should resort to a little research on needed treatment... if it was major, the chicken should be culled. It's a chicken, not a puppy! She was horrified when I explained every chicken keeper should know how to humanely cull a suffering chicken. She said a euthanasia injection was the only way she deemed acceptable. I just thought to myself, "Best of luck!"

In the end her chickens will be million dollar hens!
D.gif

A lady who bought chicks from me inquired what medical care chickens require. I explained treatments for de-worming, mites, etc. She went on to say she meant veterinary care.. I looked at her thinking "WHAT?!" I responded that if a minor situation arises, she should resort to a little research on needed treatment... if it was major, the chicken should be culled. It's a chicken, not a puppy! She was horrified when I explained every chicken keeper should know how to humanely cull a suffering chicken. She said a euthanasia injection was the only way she deemed acceptable. I just thought to myself, "Best of luck!"

D.gif

Yes a quick twist whack or jab to the head/neck/artery will do almost as good as a shot the pain suffered at being put down at home is far less cruel in MHO then transporting them for a slightly quicker, and less painful method. Some might disagree but I think a 20 minute ride from my house to the nearest vet is going to be more painful over the long haul then a minute or two of pain in my yard.
I was with my neighbor at the state fair and he was showing dariy cattle and a guy ask us '' Can you milk a bull ''..... People now days....
lau.gif

Yes you can for artificial insemination, it's been done for decades (probably close to a hundred years) just not for milk though....

Yes a quick twist whack or jab to the head/neck/artery will do almost as good as a shot the pain suffered at being put down at home is far less cruel in MHO then transporting them for a slightly quicker, and less painful method. Some might disagree but I think a 20 minute ride from my house to the nearest vet is going to be more painful over the long haul then a minute or two of pain in my yard.

Yes you can for artificial insemination, it's been done for decades (probably close to a hundred years) just not for milk though....
Hmmm. I have never heard of semen collections for AI from bulls or other animals referred to as "milking". That conjures up a rather bizarre image. Generally the male to be collected services a female normally. Or at least that is what he thinks he is doing. He just makes his deposit into the AV (a receptacle made for the purpose) rather than in the female. After a little thought, I may know what method you may be referring to, but it isn't used very often.

D.gif

Imagine what their eggs will be worth! Although, if she gave her chickens medications, I don't think I'd want their eggs. <blech>

Last edited:
My daughter in law wanted to know if our rooster was also a chicken does that count for not informed. Then to double check she said, "it doesn't lay eggs right only the chickens do"
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom