Funniest Things A City Slicker Has Ever Said To You?

I have a good friend who's lived her entire life in the suburbs and is a complete and total animal lover, to the point of absurdity. I've seen her slap someone for squishing a bug, and I have seen her "rescue" all manner of things from garter snakes to voles - like pick them up and take them to a vet/shelter/rehab facility or drive them an hour out of the city and try to release them "into the wild". She also really loves to visit all her rural friends and do "farm stuff"
hmm.png
. One time she got 6 ancient roos from a friend that she proceeded to butcher (with instruction from someone who's done it before) and she was so proud of herself for it! I figure her heart's in the right place (like at least she's interested where food comes from and how it's raised). The problem is that since that day she is constantly reminding me she's more than happy to take my girls off my hands and how much she's looking forward to eating them. When I told her they weren't laying (moult) she offered to come over the next day and get them! So, one day I'd had enough of hearing about it and told her I would be happy to take her cat for compost when it died and well, she didn't speak to me for weeks!

Ahhh. The old "dose of her own medicine" remedy. Works every time!
old.gif

You should see the reactions when I tell people the wonderful cookies that I just baked... the cookies they can't stop eating... Right... those ones. I used turkey eggs for those cookies. The look on their faces... Some people say,'Oh. Great!' The other people... not so much...

I think its so funny that people find it so shocking that we eat our eggs. Like yeah whats wrong with them? Where do you THINK they come from?
Next time this happens, please ask them where they think eggs come from. Then tell us. I really wanna know. I really do.

You should see the reactions when I tell people the wonderful cookies that I just baked... the cookies they can't stop eating... Right... those ones. I used turkey eggs for those cookies. The look on their faces... Some people say,'Oh. Great!' The other people... not so much...
I have never used turkey eggs, but my mother used to make the very best cakes with duck eggs. I don't know why the duck eggs made a difference, but they did.

My MIL will only use chicken eggs for baking!

Those must come from the same place as "store milk" grandparents had a small farm when I was a kid and every summer we got shipped well I had money for "store milk" because that stuff out of the cow was not milk. It did not look or tasted the same and grandma made all kinds of stuff with it like not butter and not cheese and a lot of other not really food things. Hey I grew up in Los Angeles what did I know even though we spent the summers at the farm it never clicked till I was much older. I sure missed a lot of good milk and other not really food things.
smack.gif

By the way the picture is of Hawk Creek outside of Davenport WA. Caught some really nice trout there and some fish with teeth. May be from CA but I do where the good fishing is.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom