Funniest Things A City Slicker Has Ever Said To You?

you should have told him you shoot horses with broken legs to put them out of their misery and people who have lost their minds and please wait right there you needed your gun and two bullets because you see two critters needed put down.....

roflmao... here in Texas that wouldn't be very far from the truth!

which reminds me.. I need to put another coat of purple paint on the fence posts....

I have a neighbour who only eats store bought unhealthy processed food When I offered her some fresh eggs form my ducks and chickens she refused them saying that they had been on the ground and might have bacteria on them!

She said they may also have been laying about for hours and may have gone off as they weren't refrigerated.

She told me she would only ever feel safe eating eggs from the supermarket that came in plastic boxes because there was a 'best before date' stamped on them and they had been sterilised.

I tried to tell her that the eggs in the shop are often very old and also they will have likely come from factory farmed hens where they have been on dirty cage floors, but I could see she had switched off, so I gave up!

I remembered giving her some fruit from my trees a few months ago, then seeing she had thrown the lot over her back wall. I won't be offering her any of my food again lol.

She went back to her microwave TV meal with her husband.

caf.gif
And, another one bites the dust! They need to just keep on eating those microwaved frozen dinners. It's 2 less to contaminate the gene pool.

Last edited:
i always give them reality lessons, tell them stories of bucks in the woods... especially in breeding season.. Not to mention if it weren't for hunters more peoples car would be messed up due to over-population
wink.png
wish i had some stories to add..
You don't have to tell me. We once had a buck ATTACK our pickup truck while we were driving down a backroad at night. He was a biig boy, too, his rack left two great big dents in the side of the truck bed.

Isn't there a saying that goes, "You can't fix stupid"?

How about "Heeerres your sign". I had someone once tell me they did not like fruit off a tree because it was not as pretty as the fruit you get from the store. I told her I would use some of my lemon Pledge on it if she liked so it would look the same. She thought that the fruit was picked that way and not waxed. She still did not believe me.
idunno.gif

Yup... I don't get that... fruit that you let ripen on the trees are waaaaay so much better. I have a friend that is a Dr in botany. When she was still working on her degree she was also working at a nursery. There was plenty for fruit that was just going to waist from trees that they had not sold yet. My friend would collect it and keep some and give some away. There was one lady that completely refused any of the oranges, even to just make OJ from. She said that the only OJ that she would ever drink was that in a box and from Florida. We live in California... we make OJ as well... Oh no... she would not touch these oranges from a tree and not from a store.
hu.gif

Yup... I don't get that... fruit that you let ripen on the trees are waaaaay so much better. I have a friend that is a Dr in botany. When she was still working on her degree she was also working at a nursery. There was plenty for fruit that was just going to waist from trees that they had not sold yet. My friend would collect it and keep some and give some away. There was one lady that completely refused any of the oranges, even to just make OJ from. She said that the only OJ that she would ever drink was that in a box and from Florida. We live in California... we make OJ as well... Oh no... she would not touch these oranges from a tree and not from a store.
hu.gif

HAHAHA... I wonder what she would say if she ever saw how they made it.. and if she knew the allowable "foreign matter including insect parts" that is permitted by government standards!

maybe she likes the extra protein that bugs provide!
gig.gif

YUM... buggy goodness.....
droolin.gif

HAHAHA... I wonder what she would say if she ever saw how they made it.. and if she knew the allowable "foreign matter including insect parts" that is permitted by government standards!

maybe she likes the extra protein that bugs provide!
gig.gif

YUM... buggy goodness.....
droolin.gif
lol! i tell my classmates that and they freak out... its to the part when i smile and start to speak they start saying they dont want to hear it... again hilarious!
idunno.gif
im mean whats wrong with hearing where your foods from?

I guess my parents did right by me in sending me to my grandparents small farm in the summer they had cows, rabbits, chickens, pigeons, fruit trees and my grandfather planted a variety of veggies that he sold to the local markets. If not for that God only knows.. I was Los Angeles raised I may have turned out to think the same way. It is sad that people do not know where there food comes from or how it came to be but it is funny at the same time. My husband bought a dozen of eggs yesterday and I will not be eating them it saddens me to think of how the hens are treated so that we may have this wonderful little blessing they provide for us. We caught up with our girls through baking and breakfast so this is his solution.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom