Funniest Things A City Slicker Has Ever Said To You?

Some of our family cam over yesterday, and they were taking a look at our animals.

my aunt: "Oh thats a nice looking goat"

me: "Yeah, shes a good milk goat"

her: "Whats a milk goat?"

me: " a goat that you milk...."

her: "um...what do you do with it??"

me: "Wah? What do I do with it
ep.gif
drink it of course!!"

Do they think were just supposed to throw it away or something!
th.gif

Some of our family cam over yesterday, and they were taking a look at our animals.

my aunt: "Oh thats a nice looking goat"

me: "Yeah, shes a good milk goat"

her: "Whats a milk goat?"

me: " a goat that you milk...."

her: "um...what do you do with it??"

me: "Wah? What do I do with it
ep.gif
drink it of course!!"

Do they think were just supposed to throw it away or something!
th.gif

Have they never heard of goat's milk cheese or soap? Or, did they think the term "goat's milk" was just a marketing ploy?

I swear, people open their mouths about without thinking because it's easier to have you give them the answer without having to figure it out by themselves; what I call "intellectually lazy".

Next time, tell them to think about it for a while and come back to you with what they've figured out. Those stories should be even funnier than their initial comments.

Last edited:
Not a city slicker by any means... but it was one of those "here's your sign" kind of moments..

We are having a problem with one of my neighbors letting their three dogs roam, killing / attacking our livestock. I caught them in the act last night.. this morning I found the three back in my yard with two (a male and a female) "busy" doing things that male and female dogs do when a certain mood strikes their fancy.. (in other words.. puppies within 63 days)... JOY!.. more little terrors to kill my animals!.. the dogs see me.. and (as soon as possible) lead me back to their beloved owners who live on the next road over.

I had a chat with the owner.. informing her what all the dogs had done (no remorse or taking responsibility on her part by the way)

So then I also informed her to expect puppies in 63 days give or take since I had seen her male and female dog "tied" in my yard.. Now this woman has children.. their dogs have had puppies in the past (maybe not THESE particular three.. but I do know they had puppies before since the boys had told me about it when they were looking another dog). She looked at me like.. "well if they were tied up what's the problem".. so I went on to tell her they were mating.. still a blank look on her face.. I added in,. "making puppies.. doggy sex".. she still stood there with the dumb look on her face. I am only to assume she will think the puppies when they are born will have been a late delivery by the Easter Bunny or maybe a flock of storks!
he.gif

Not a city slicker by any means... but it was one of those "here's your sign" kind of moments..

We are having a problem with one of my neighbors letting their three dogs roam, killing / attacking our livestock. I caught them in the act last night.. this morning I found the three back in my yard with two (a male and a female) "busy" doing things that male and female dogs do when a certain mood strikes their fancy.. (in other words.. puppies within 63 days)... JOY!.. more little terrors to kill my animals!.. the dogs see me.. and (as soon as possible) lead me back to their beloved owners who live on the next road over.

I had a chat with the owner.. informing her what all the dogs had done (no remorse or taking responsibility on her part by the way)

So then I also informed her to expect puppies in 63 days give or take since I had seen her male and female dog "tied" in my yard.. Now this woman has children.. their dogs have had puppies in the past (maybe not THESE particular three.. but I do know they had puppies before since the boys had told me about it when they were looking another dog). She looked at me like.. "well if they were tied up what's the problem".. so I went on to tell her they were mating.. still a blank look on her face.. I added in,. "making puppies.. doggy sex".. she still stood there with the dumb look on her face. I am only to assume she will think the puppies when they are born will have been a late delivery by the Easter Bunny or maybe a flock of storks!
he.gif

check local laws if your outside the city limits you may be able to legally kill the dogs if they attack your animals (ie shoot them) so if they start messing with your critters you neighbors may have fewer mouths to feed.... also if you can get the attacks on film animal control and also a nice small claims suit may cure the stray dog situation.

Texas law has me covered if the dogs come back and I have to shoot them.. what got me was her lack of understanding that she should be responsible for her dogs.. AND the fact she didn't have a clue that two dogs mating would result in puppies!
problem is these are people that are just as clueless with kids. They have 4 + kids and complain how hard they are to care for just one because they havent seem to have learned how the first few came here.

Last edited:
Jenn,
I am getting the distinct impression that you are taking offense to the term "city slicker".
Perhaps you dwell in a city but don't fit into that (yes) stereotype, but it is very true that people who are raised in a city and have never ventured out into the wide-open spaces of the rural parts of our country, do, in fact, ask really really really stupid questions. Or they have some pretty insane ideas about what farm life is, and how animals behave. But you know what? There are city slickers right here in the little town I live in of 2700 people, and we are rural. There are children in our school that think that food just comes from the store. They don't think about where it came from unless someone tells them or shows them.
Is thread was meant as just a fun topic. We all laugh at things that seem just plain off the wall to us, and this is a place where some of us are doing just that.
"People won't eat green eggs because they think they are moldy"
"You can't eat an egg if it has been fertilized"
Those are things that those of us who have spent a bit of time in the coop just can't not laugh at. I am sure there are plenty of things that people in the city laugh at us "country hicks" about.

Minnie..You are so right when you say that kids and most adults do not have a clue as to how food gets to the store. As a kid my parents sent us to stay with our grandparents on their small farm every summer but even with that experience I still did not fully grasp where food came from until I was an adult. I was taught how to milk but my mom sent money for my milk that the store had because it was not out of a nasty old cow and it was clean. I shook jars to make butter and helped skim the cream from the top of the milk...still did not get it. I collected eggs and got the crap beat out of me by the roo each time till I learned to smack him good. My uncles would have a cow butchered for meat and rabbits, chickens and even pigeons were killed still did not get it. I was born and raised in Los Angeles where food was found in the market not hanging on the fence to bleed out and be stripped. I laugh at myself now and have for along time, went to Mexico 30 years ago and had my first real drink of real milk and God has His hand in that I miss fresh milk and the cream that sets on top as it cools,,soo good on a biscuit. I have eaten pigs that were cooked in the ground ex-sister in law had a pig farm. Was in my late twenties before the wires all connected and that light flew on and I thought out loud so that was what my grand parents were trying to teach all those summers so long ago. some of us just do not want to see what is right in front of us.

Yuuuuup I was a City Slicker big time till got some knowledge. I am after 2 yrs. with my girls learning how to figure some stuff out and use some common sense with them. We will possibly be adding goats to our little flock of six. Love this site.

Hennotrooster I'm sorry but, Do I remember you right??? Are you the one who lives in California? I live in Southern California and at some Clark's store there is milk sold by Straus Creamery... It is non-homogenized, organic. There is Really thick cream on the top of it,especially the whole milk. It is pasteurized... It is a little more expensive but I think that it is worth it. I think Trader Joe's has something similar but my friend thinks it is not as good... I have not yet tried the Trader Joe's milk yet...
I like growing my own stuff and I love the eggs from my birds... but I don't see myself being able to get a cow. I can't always afford the organic stuff but it is nice that some places are trying to get it out there.

Hennotrooster I'm sorry but, Do I remember you right??? Are you the one who lives in California? I live in Southern California and at some Clark's store there is milk sold by Straus Creamery... It is non-homogenized, organic. There is Really thick cream on the top of it,especially the whole milk. It is pasteurized... It is a little more expensive but I think that it is worth it. I think Trader Joe's has something similar but my friend thinks it is not as good... I have not yet tried the Trader Joe's milk yet...
I like growing my own stuff and I love the eggs from my birds... but I don't see myself being able to get a cow. I can't always afford the organic stuff but it is nice that some places are trying to get it out there.
There is a dairy out in Junction City Kansas that sells milk like that, not sure if its organic. But they call it cream line milk. It has a thick layer of cream on the top.

Back
Top Bottom