Funniest Things A City Slicker Has Ever Said To You?

Quote:
OMG it's not homonogised how does it not kill you!!!!! lol....
Homonogized means it's mixed up so well that it isn't going to separate.
Pasturized means it has had all the pathogens killed by heat (and some say some of the good stuff too)

There was a dairy in Missouri that had to close because of a potential problem with some cheese. I don't remember the whole story but I think it was called Morningland Dairy who sold raw milk and raw milk products.

CG

Homonogized means it's mixed up so well that it isn't going to separate.
Pasturized means it has had all the pathogens killed by heat (and some say some of the good stuff too)

There was a dairy in Missouri that had to close because of a potential problem with some cheese.  I don't remember the whole story but I think it was called Morningland Dairy who sold raw milk and raw milk products. 

CG

I have honestly been bafled every time I hear people out here saying unpasteurized milk is better for you. The only 'explanation' Anyonee's given is either sying pasteurization is relate to too many antibiotics or blaming large corporations.

Where do people get these rediculous fads?

Last edited:
I have honestly been bafled every time I hear people out here saying unpasteurized milk is better for you. The only 'explanation' Anyonee's given is either sying pasteurization is relate to too many antibiotics or blaming large corporations.

Where do people get these rediculous fads?
If you want to talk about Milk, find the book "The Untold Story of Milk".
I was raised on milk straight from the bulk tank. That is the big shiny tank farmers put the milk in on the farm after the cows are milked. It is a giant liquid refrigerator, really. There are paddles in it that keep it stirred just enough to keep from settling out and slow enough not to make whip cream.
I know this 'settled cream' you speak of. It was where all the cream (aka fat) settles up at the top. That is what you remove to make skim milk. You can use the cream to make whipped cream, or butter, or other products that use just the "heavy cream" part of milk.
Anyway, I have a sister who's husband is a dairy farmer and she refuses to drink milk straight from the farm. Yeah, there are horrible stories of things that go into the milk that shouldn't be, but I think people who are conscientious about how they handle it do a very fine job of providing a good, healthy food for us.
There is a man here in Minnesota that the government was after because he was selling raw milk and raw milk products. I think people like him are the first ones an ignorant person wants to point their finger at when they get sick from something. It could never be all that processed crap they eat or that garbage from fast food joints. So, people who are trying to do right by society and offer them a healthy alternative are the ones who get screwed.
Nowadays, I am so used to skim milk, if I try drinking 'regular' milk I feel like I am drinking a milkshake. If we had our own cow(s), I would still separate it and drink skim, but that cream would got to make butter and ice cream and all those other yummy things that come from good, fresh, non-processed milk. I would love to have a little Jersey cow or two to milk, but I also remember what a pain in the butt it is to have to milk a cow twice a day every day for 10 months out of the year.

Quote:
did you see this in the news?
http://health.yahoo.net/experts/dayinhealth/artificial-sweeteners-milk

"In a petition filed with the FDA, the International Dairy Foods Association (IDFA) and the National Milk Producers Federation (NMPF) seek to change the definition of “milk” so that chemical sweeteners like aspartame and sucralose can be used as optional ingredients not listed on the product label."

Just another reason why i bought three dairy goats last night....
I like the option of making my own yogurt, whipping cream and other dairy products without all the "funny stuff" added

and here we just had a case of brucellosis because a baby was given milk straight from a goat's teat (obviously the goats werent vaccinated, a rare occurence here nowadays although brucellosis in the middle east and gaza runs rampant since many beduin tribes dont bother to vaccinate (its gov't and free but only on certain days etc)... same as rabies here, rampant.

btw, my dog breeds my ***** every year but he is castrated. his mind remembers and his body does the deed. he just shoots blanks. so a dog can breed a ***** w/o resulting in pregnancy. (some really egoistic people in the states i heard are doing vasectomies on dogs or doing testes implants for the owner's male ego. here, people just dont bother (religious problems actually: jewish law forbids castration in anyone or any animal that does not have a medical problem with his 'bits'; and spaying also so many religous jewish vets wont do it, but will refer someone to a non jewish vet (muslem/christian ) to do the spay or neuter. howver, middle east style vets dont like castrations. (macho macho)... JFYI. 30 years ago me and friend were the first ones in our area to request a foal of ours to be gelded. the vet made us feel like we were monsters taking the horse's malehood. now most people will geld for safety and ease ... times they are 'achanging.

btw, my son refuses to eat eggs that dont have the tnuva brand stamped on them until i explained how much chemical junk the eggs are subject to before they are sold. he has since changed his mind.

i dont drink any milk, but w;hen i did i preferred milk that i saw coming out of an animal rather then coming out of a carton. (having worked in cow dairies)... i love the feel of hot steaming milk coming out of a friendly goat's teat, no muss, no fuss , no human microbes, (goats vaccinated, milking hands clean, udder clean)...

howveer, my kids have since labelled me 'primitive' 'third world' 'tribal' and a few other culturally senstive terms (my son having seen many houses in certain areas of israel/nearby israel that the families have their chickens live with them in their houses) since i too have had chickens living in my salon. and to think my parents were from bronx and brooklyn and the only animals they ever were esxpsoed to were cockroaches, and dad raised pigeons. everyone wonders if i am a throwback or baby trade...

and here we just had a case of brucellosis because a baby was given milk straight from a goat's teat (obviously the goats werent vaccinated, a rare occurence here nowadays although brucellosis in the middle east and gaza runs rampant since many beduin tribes dont bother to vaccinate (its gov't and free but only on certain days etc)... same as rabies here, rampant.

btw, my dog breeds my ***** every year but he is castrated. his mind remembers and his body does the deed. he just shoots blanks. so a dog can breed a ***** w/o resulting in pregnancy. (some really egoistic people in the states i heard are doing vasectomies on dogs or doing testes implants for the owner's male ego. here, people just dont bother (religious problems actually: jewish law forbids castration in anyone or any animal that does not have a medical problem with his 'bits'; and spaying also so many religous jewish vets wont do it, but will refer someone to a non jewish vet (muslem/christian ) to do the spay or neuter. howver, middle east style vets dont like castrations. (macho macho)... JFYI. 30 years ago me and friend were the first ones in our area to request a foal of ours to be gelded. the vet made us feel like we were monsters taking the horse's malehood. now most people will geld for safety and ease ... times they are 'achanging.

btw, my son refuses to eat eggs that dont have the tnuva brand stamped on them until i explained how much chemical junk the eggs are subject to before they are sold. he has since changed his mind.

i dont drink any milk, but w;hen i did i preferred milk that i saw coming out of an animal rather then coming out of a carton. (having worked in cow dairies)... i love the feel of hot steaming milk coming out of a friendly goat's teat, no muss, no fuss , no human microbes, (goats vaccinated, milking hands clean, udder clean)...

howveer, my kids have since labelled me 'primitive' 'third world' 'tribal' and a few other culturally senstive terms (my son having seen many houses in certain areas of israel/nearby israel that the families have their chickens live with them in their houses) since i too have had chickens living in my salon. and to think my parents were from bronx and brooklyn and the only animals they ever were esxpsoed to were cockroaches, and dad raised pigeons. everyone wonders if i am a throwback or baby trade...

Not the case with my neighbor's dogs.. they just never bothered to get him neutered... besides.. around here when they do neuter them they remove the family jewels...

trust me, foofoo is missing his also; i was present at the removal, along with his left eye. all the result of him protecting lilee who was in heat. he had become very agressive and my guess is while he was out with her, two aprils ago, he growled/tried to bite a person/dog, and got kicked/bitten in the eye. he came home all battered up, it took me two days to get near him and catch him (with a quilt), take him to the vets, we knocked him out, and did an 'all in one' operation... this year he still tried to ride her, but much less so then the past two years. dogs, horses, and humans, if they've had the experience (and get passed the trauma), can still function, olfactory signs cue them in, and the body responds regardless of being minus jewels. that exact quality was applied to soldiers here who were injured in wars (and had already had wives/girlfriends). the same doesn work for an animal/human that has not had experience in action.

also, here, back in the old days, when they did actually agree to castrate a horse for instance, they would do a sort of impartial castration, leaving just enough for "keeping him male" i.e. they wanted the horse to get the crest of a stallion, but just not be totally sexually active; same for dogs.

when me and my friend, back then, wanted to do the horse castrations, everyone here (the men) treated us as 'american feminists' out to get all men.

hahah...

Hennotrooster I'm sorry but, Do I remember you right??? Are you the one who lives in California? I live in Southern California and at some Clark's store there is milk sold by Straus Creamery... It is non-homogenized, organic. There is Really thick cream on the top of it,especially the whole milk. It is pasteurized... It is a little more expensive but I think that it is worth it. I think Trader Joe's has something similar but my friend thinks it is not as good... I have not yet tried the Trader Joe's milk yet...
I like growing my own stuff and I love the eggs from my birds... but I don't see myself being able to get a cow. I can't always afford the organic stuff but it is nice that some places are trying to get it out there.

Yes up in Hesperia. There is a Clark's in Loma Linda never even thought to look there I will ask my son to check and have him pick me up a bottle. He and his wife have gone vegan and I am sure they go to Clarks for a lot of stuff. I actually have not been there for 4 years thanks for the reminder.

Back
Top Bottom