Funniest Things A City Slicker Has Ever Said To You?

I realized today that as soon as my hens start laying, I will have a bunch of eggs that I couldn't possibly eat that many of....
Me: Are you going to want any fresh eggs when I get them?
MIL: (Weird look) They have babies in them.
Me: No they won't.
MIL: All eggs have babies in them.
Me: Noooooo, they don't.
MIL: If you have a rooster they do.
Me: You can eat fertilized eggs. If I get them the day the hens lay them, they won't have babies. And it takes days of a hen sitting on them for a chick to start forming.
MIL: But they still have the.....
Me: Sperm?
MIL: (Gross look) Yes.
Me: So you'll eat eggs from an ovary, but you won't eat sperm? WHICH YOU DO NORMALLY??
MIL:
ep.gif

I couldn't help myself! It popped out!
Talk to a local farmer and see if you can make her some fresh rocky mountain oysters, and don't tell her what they are until 2-3 hours after you get done eating. after she eats that I bet fertilized eggs wouldn't bother her. hee hee hee...... yes I believe in being mean to the stupid.

I had many discussions about how the eggs get fertilized. My co-workers-my sister and just yesterday someone bought some of my chicks, and they all asked me if the rooster does the deed or just fertilizes the egg once it is laid! My co-workers wanted a video!!/img/smilies/lau.gif

I grew up on a cattle farm and we only had Cornish cross for 8-10 weeks then we butchered them. So when my husband and I got our layers and roosters I did not know how they bred...but it looks quite awful! Haha

omg that made me remember something lol, has nothing to do with animals, but i also have a cousin in hawaii, and she came up to visit, shes like 18. and my mother asked her if she had ever been to the site of pearl harbor.. she replied "whats pearl harbor?? " LOL HAHAHAAH that made me laugh ! u live there and u dont know. wowie.

also i gave my neighbor some easter egger eggs (green) and she replied OMG !!! these eggs are rotten! EWW and dropped them.

About the Pearl Harbor part...I'm shocked! That's a huge part of America's history and there are really people in this country that don't know what it is??? What a dissapointment!

Some people don't know anything about anything unless it includes a Kardashion or Snookie.....

Stupid Hick question: what's a Snookie? LOL. I really need to start watching mainstream TV, I guess.

To many city people, the country ways seem weird, like when my neighbor tells me they went in my barn, borrowed (insert tool or equipment here), and put it back, since I want home to ask.

Some people don't know anything about anything unless it includes a Kardashion or Snookie.....

I was teaching a class for travel agent wannabes one time, and was appalled that they couldn't guesstimate where California was in relation to Chicago or Miami. I mean, NO CLUE, not even that California would be to the left of the other 2 cities. I asked if she managed to graduate from high school. Unfortunately, she says she did.

Now that I think about it, I knew a college educated account manager in the corporate travel business who once asked if London was a country.
he.gif

Quote:
I had to ask after I watched a daytime TV talk show, she is some star of a cable reality show called Jersey Shore, I have never watched it because #1 don't have cable/satellite and #2 as a rule I do not watch non-real "reality" shows. I watch part or all of 1 or 2 amazing race shows a year and occasionally 10 minutes of biggest loser if I am flipping though the channels. Those to me I understand you have a world wide scavenger hunt and a show that people at least are trying to improve themselves. Even tho I don't really give them much mind, at least they are either interesting and/or positive. I can't talk down about something either neutral or positive. The rest of the shows can be canceled and the film burned and society would more than likely improve not having that garbage on TV.

Quote:
My mind is not geared for maps but I can tell you where Miami is in relation to Chicago and Dallas and LA. It takes me a minute to name properly the 4 corner states and some states in the north east, But I can get them right if I can focus and think for a minute. But I know what you mean. But Civics and Geography are not required or even taught in most high schools anymore (I've been out for 2 decades and only heard my elders talk about civics class and I went to a high school with over 1200 students in 4 grades). There are some people in Washington in elected offices who can't name you 15 of the 50 states, years ago Paul Harvey told of one congress person whom sent letters asking a fellow rep to the house to resign and leave office because there was no state named New Mexico. Also I can forgive someone whom reverses Alaska and Hawaii for the 49Th and 50Th states respectively, as long as they know they are states and not part of the "Continental" United States.

Back
Top Bottom