Funniest Things A City Slicker Has Ever Said To You?

Um, yuck?! Did you know that McDonalds basically puts the chicken in a blender feathers and all! (In the nuggets) My dad read that on snopes.
LOL!!!!
That one's not true, actually. MSP (mechanically separated chickens) aren't in chicken nuggets. It's been debunked and many sources consistently point out that's an urban legend.

I had to ask after I watched a daytime TV talk show, she is some star of a cable reality show called Jersey Shore, I have never watched it because #1 don't have cable/satellite and #2 as a rule I do not watch non-real "reality" shows. I watch part or all of 1 or 2 amazing race shows a year and occasionally 10 minutes of biggest loser if I am flipping though the channels. Those to me I understand you have a world wide scavenger hunt and a show that people at least are trying to improve themselves. Even tho I don't really give them much mind, at least they are either interesting and/or positive. I can't talk down about something either neutral or positive. The rest of the shows can be canceled and the film burned and society would more than likely improve not having that garbage on TV.

please don't watch it. I'm from there and its awful and embarrassing. Your IQ will drop significantly by the time you're done watching. It's a total train wreck.

trust me I have no desire to waste my time on most all "reality" shows. Plus I am not going to pay for the right not to watch it either my antenna has plenty that I don't want to watch (about 10 about def. and about 25 non hi=def stations) out of 35 stations sometimes I have 1 or none I want to watch why the heck do I want to pay for 100 or more not to watch? I can buy lottery tickets if I want to loose my money. At least I might get one dollar back out of every hundred, how much money does your cable company give you back? So no cable for me and I figure I spend 25 dollars at most in a years time on the lotto. I should get a dollar back late this year or early next. I'm not holding my breath.

This is why Videos on the Internet now have commercials because the TV station realized all the smart people use the Internet or just pirate stuff now.

Last edited:
My mind is not geared for maps but I can tell you where Miami is in relation to Chicago and Dallas and LA. It takes me a minute to name properly the 4 corner states and some states in the north east, But I can get them right if I can focus and think for a minute. But I know what you mean. But Civics and Geography are not required or even taught in most high schools anymore (I've been out for 2 decades and only heard my elders talk about civics class and I went to a high school with over 1200 students in 4 grades). There are some people in Washington in elected offices who can't name you 15 of the 50 states, years ago Paul Harvey told of one congress person whom sent letters asking a fellow rep to the house to resign and leave office because there was no state named New Mexico. Also I can forgive someone whom reverses Alaska and Hawaii for the 49Th and 50Th states respectively, as long as they know they are states and not part of the "Continental" United States.

I understand. But, how can you want to be a travel agent when you have no clue as to the fact that California is on the western extreme of the US, Miami the extreme south, and Chicago smack dab in the center of the north? It's not like I asked them to guesstimate Dubuque and Presque Isle. When you enroll in travel school, basic geography is not part of the curriculum. They assume you have an approximation of where the major US cities are in relation to one another. I ended up telling her to learn a little about geography and come back when she knew the basics.

My mind is not geared for maps but I can tell you where Miami is in relation to Chicago and Dallas and LA. It takes me a minute to name properly the 4 corner states and some states in the north east, But I can get them right if I can focus and think for a minute. But I know what you mean. But Civics and Geography are not required or even taught in most high schools anymore (I've been out for 2 decades and only heard my elders talk about civics class and I went to a high school with over 1200 students in 4 grades). There are some people in Washington in elected offices who can't name you 15 of the 50 states, years ago Paul Harvey told of one congress person whom sent letters asking a fellow rep to the house to resign and leave office because there was no state named New Mexico. Also I can forgive someone whom reverses Alaska and Hawaii for the 49Th and 50Th states respectively, as long as they know they are states and not part of the "Continental" United States.

Ooo! And, a college grad-you-ate thinks London is a country ... then goes into the travel business???? Oy!

Ahh....the "one of our states is missing" thing. New Mexico! You would not believe how many people have no clue as to New Mexico being a state in the US and are sure it is still part of Mexico. As in, It must be the "NEW" part of Mexico!. I am 53 years old and would not have graduated school unless I knew every state in the union. How can one not know each state in the US? What really fries my gizzard is when there is some enormous snow storm or wind storm that moves over from AZ and across to TX, NEVER is New Mexico even mentioned as being in it's path. OMG...TX got a whole 2 inches of snow, and of course Phoenix got 2 .5 inches of snow. Meanwhile we are buried under 3.5 FEET of the stuff! Power outages, gas outages, cattle dying. I am sure the news media does not want to send up some red flag to those folks that are clueless about New Mexico, as to why they are speaking of some territory in Mexico!! We are a state in the union folks!

Whew....thank you for letting me vent.
smile.png

Funny about the snow storms, I had a neighbor here in Indiana went to visit family in Dallas Texas for Christmas, and they made plans to go shopping early the next morning, well a snow storm came thru overnight and dropped 2 or 3 inches of snow. My nieghbors got up ate breakfast with the family and just before lunch time they asked if they where going shopping or not, they wasted the whole morning sitting around, they said what do you mean? everything is closed down because of the snow. They replied back home 3 inches of snow you didn't blink you just drive in it no problem, they where like you mean people actually drive threw snow????!!!!!!

Funny about the snow storms, I had a neighbor here in Indiana went to visit family in Dallas Texas for Christmas, and they made plans to go shopping early the next morning, well a snow storm came thru overnight and dropped 2 or 3 inches of snow. My nieghbors got up ate breakfast with the family and just before lunch time they asked if they where going shopping or not, they wasted the whole morning sitting around, they said what do you mean? everything is closed down because of the snow. They replied back home 3 inches of snow you didn't blink you just drive in it no problem, they where like you mean people actually drive threw snow????!!!!!!
LOL...that is funny because we live near to a tiny tourist town that many Texans seem to call "their playground", up in the mountains. We can get a LOT of snow up here. And these Texans, and I am not insulting anyone here so do not take offense, :), but if 1 flake flies....out come the tire chains!! LOL Seriously. You can hear them coming miles off with the pounding of the chains on DRY pavement. They will drive like some old lady out for a Sunday drive when the tiniest flakes are in the air, not even sticking to the ground. Just crazy! LOL

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom