Funniest Things A City Slicker Has Ever Said To You?

I had someone ask if the egg was layed with a chick already inside

another time while walking a silkie in the park I was asked if it lays eggs... i nicely responded that it was a rooster and that all birds lay eggs

They also have fat free sour cream. I don't know how they do that. I don't wanna know. I don't wanna eat it either.
My uncle wouldn't even drink 2% milk, he'd always state "If I want water, I'll drink water" Of course, he lived on a dairy and milked his own cows until he grew too old to do it anymore. I remember him going down to the well house and skimming the cream off the milk to put on his bread.

Stupid Hick question: what's a Snookie? LOL. I really need to start watching mainstream TV, I guess.

To many city people, the country ways seem weird, like when my neighbor tells me they went in my barn, borrowed (insert tool or equipment here), and put it back, since I want home to ask.
The local store where I live keeps the ice chest open all night, and if anyone in the area needs ice, then they go by in the morning to pay (I live in a small town). And we borrow my uncle's tractor like that all the time :) we just spray the mud off, put some diesel in it, and put it back where we found it.

half and half is half milk and half cream, I thought everyone knew that.
Half and half is half milk and half cream. Cream has a lot of butterfat. However if you look in some stores you can find fat free half and half. Also fat free sour cream. I am not sure how that works, but I think that's what the poster was referring to. I don't know what it is either. Not sure I want to.

Quote:
I have a hard time breaking these city people of the habit of knocking on the door an just standing outside. We don't do that here unless its a house you never go to.

Lol.. we don't get visitors (live too far out in the sticks to make it convenient for people to just "stop by"), so if someone were to just walk in here.. they would either get bit by the dogs, shot or both!

edited to add:

we do have an "early warning system".. between the turkeys, ducks, geese and donkey.. no one sneaks up on us!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom