Funniest Things A City Slicker Has Ever Said To You?

Today I was asked "Does the hen have to fornicate to lay an egg?" It wasn't just the fact that he asked it but that he used the word fornicate. I tried very hard not to laugh at him lol

Last edited:
Today I was asked "Does the hen have to fornicate to lay an egg?" It wasn't just the fact that he asked it but that he used the word fornicate. I tried very hard not to laugh at him lol

that was probably because he wasn't sure of the correct term (if there was a different word for fowl) and also to prevent being vulgar. I would much rather see someone try to be polite and interested in asking a question they wish to know the answer to rather than remain ignorant or vulgar.

that was probably because he wasn't sure of the correct term (if there was a different word for fowl) and also to prevent being vulgar. I would much rather see someone try to be polite and interested in asking a question they wish to know the answer to rather than remain ignorant or vulgar.
A lot of it was the way he said it, it was one of those hesitant stammer moments. It is hard to describe without having been there but it sounded awkward. I politely answered the questions I was asked but it just made me laugh on the inside because he is a retired cop that worked in a big city so I know he knows the words.

I just saw this thread and had to add my story.
A few years ago the police came to my parents house next door, and asked if they could catch a "bull" that was loose at the neighbors house, where they were having a party. My mother called me to go catch it. I was told the "bull" was aggressive and had charged the guests at the party, ended up falling in the pool and was then locked in the pool enclosure.

I arrive with a bucket of grain to find my other neighbors pet yak, (they were out of town). He was neutered, had been bottled raised, and was extremely friendly. His day job was in a petting zoo. He would run to people when he saw them, hence "the bull charged us!"

I brought the yak home, and a few hours later, the party host came to thank me for taking the "bull" away. He told me he they had been barbecuing and that maybe the "bull" crashed the party because he was hungry! So there you have it. Who knew Yaks were carnivorous???

I was showing someone my chickens and the lady asked me what to do with the eggs, she wanted to know if farm eggs could be eaten......

I have a hard time breaking these city people of the habit of knocking on the door an just standing outside. We don't do that here unless its a house you never go to.
You had better do that at my house. If you just walk in unexpected and unannounced, you might get shot. I get real cranky when people just walk in. People don't do that to me more than once. Being city folk has nothing to do with it. Some people are fine with people just walking in. Some people like unexpected company and like people to just drop in. Not me. And no, I don't live in town.

I just saw this thread and had to add my story.
A few years ago the police came to my parents house next door, and asked if they could catch a "bull" that was loose at the neighbors house, where they were having a party. My mother called me to go catch it. I was told the "bull" was aggressive and had charged the guests at the party, ended up falling in the pool and was then locked in the pool enclosure.

I arrive with a bucket of grain to find my other neighbors pet yak, (they were out of town). He was neutered, had been bottled raised, and was extremely friendly. His day job was in a petting zoo. He would run to people when he saw them, hence "the bull charged us!"

I brought the yak home, and a few hours later, the party host came to thank me for taking the "bull" away. He told me he they had been barbecuing and that maybe the "bull" crashed the party because he was hungry! So there you have it. Who knew Yaks were carnivorous???

gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom