Funniest Things A City Slicker Has Ever Said To You?

I want to know why it is that people ALWAYS ask "Do you eat the eggs"? why? explain to me why this dumb question is always asked. I get a glazed look before saying "Yeees do you eat eggs" "The ones from the store" they say "Oh, so you don't eat the kind from a chicken?" I leave them with that glazed over look. Seriously, where do they think eggs come from?

I want to know why it is that people ALWAYS ask "Do you eat the eggs"? why? explain to me why this dumb question is always asked. I get a glazed look before saying "Yeees do you eat eggs" "The ones from the store" they say "Oh, so you don't eat the kind from a chicken?" I leave them with that glazed over look. Seriously, where do they think eggs come from?
They come from the grocery store. They develop in those styrofoam cartons and are never touched by man or fowl before being placed in the dairy case.

The dumbing down of America. I like your response, it invites them to think it over.

You had better do that at my house. If you just walk in unexpected and unannounced, you might get shot. I get real cranky when people just walk in. People don't do that to me more than once. Being city folk has nothing to do with it. Some people are fine with people just walking in. Some people like unexpected company and like people to just drop in. Not me. And no, I don't live in town.
Unless I am expecting you, never walk into the house unanounced! We're nervous people here. The dog's are less than friendly with the concept as well.

A long time pair of family friends had been married for decades. When they first married she was from Boston, and he convinced her to move down here. She had never left the city. He described the drive down to Alabama as an eventful one that included her slamming on the breaks so she could jump out and take pictures of cows.

By the time they reached Alabama, she got out of the car, looked around, started cursing, got back in the car and left. He had to drive back to Boston to convince her to come back to Alabama. I laugh every time I hear those stories.

I have been reading this thread for a while now and I have finally got the chance to post. I breed St Bernards every year and I usually have a few to sell after both of my bitches have their annual litter of pups. I had put up this add on a website while I was trying to sell them,

6 month and 7 month old Saint Bernard Pups for sale. 12 in total 7 dogs 5 bitches. All puppies have been neutered or spayed, registered, microchipped and wormed. They were bred from two of my own bitches and my dog and have been all raised together from 2 months. Very good with children and I have never had a problem with any of the pups with my poultry, rabbits or other animals. €450 each for the six month olds, €500 each for the seven moth olds.

I got a call from a fella about 2 weeks later and this is how the conversation went

Him :Hello, I am looking to buy some of your St Bernard puppies

Me:Ok, how many would you be interested in? I could do you a deal if you buy a good few.

Him :I am looking to buy two bitches

Me: Alright but I will have to charge you full price if it is only two, are you looking for the older dogs or the younger ones?

Him: The older ones, I am going to breed with them in the next year.

Me :You can't do that,

Him : Why not, I have been bred over 100 dogs in my past now I am looking to get back into them

Me : have you read the add at all

Him : Yes I am looking at it right now.

Me : can you not see that there are three things wrong with that then

Him : no, what is wrong with breeding two dogs together

Me : First off you are looking for two bitches, you have to have a dog and a botch to breed, secondly it clearly says in the add that all puppies are spayed or neutered and lastly they are related.

Him : Oh, what if I got a dog and a ***** instead of two bitches

Me : they are still neutered and they are still related

Him : Fine so I won't buy them then (sarcastic tone in his voice) and hangs up

This conversation had me rolling over laughing for ages afterwards,not only did he said he had experience breeding dogs but he couldn't even figure out some of the most basic thing

yuckyuck.gif

People always ask me, "Do they LAY eggs?" I just sigh and say, "yes".
roll.png
I wonder if they think there are some kinds of birds that don't lay eggs. How would they reproduce?

Back
Top Bottom