Funniest Things A City Slicker Has Ever Said To You?

I went into school today and I had a sore shoulder because I had fallen off a horse the day before and I couldn't do PE. I told a friend of mine that I couldn't do Pe because of my fall and he was shocked. He said this (not word for word but generally the same)

Friend: What kind of idiot are you, how could you fall of a horse.

Me: What do you mean

Friend: Are you not strapped on to the horse,

Me: No

Friend: yes you are, you are tied down on the horse with ropes

Me: No your not, have you ever ridden a horse

Friend: No but I have seen it on tv

Then he went around asking everyone if you are tied down on a horse when you ride. It turned out he had seen old movies of gymnastics on horses in the circus where the people are in harnesses doing flips *sigh*

My friend said to me the other day driving past a feild of horses.

Friend: did you want a pony when you were little?
Me: no I wanted a horse.
Friend: but a pony would grow up with you.
Me: no ponies stay small and I wanted a horse
friend: you mean ponies aren't baby horses?
Me: >.<

Yeah My Mom grow up with the school telling her that ponies wore baby horses

I was at school with my friend holding two ponies and a lot of people kept saying look at the baby horses. also I was riding at a stable and theres a old pony. a lady asked how big she was going to get.

Quote: talking to her on the phone right now, "I didn't say that!"
hu.gif
"Yes you did!!!!"
gig.gif

the question "is the color of the egg based on what they eat?" is actually a VERY good question, a babies nose will turn orange if they have alot of carrots or sweet taters in their diet, as well as change the color of flowers by either certain acids or food coloring in the water.

The color of the yolk is affected by diet. Chickens that have access to grass and other greens produce eggs with nice dark yellow yolks. The coor of the shell is determined by genetics.

Well, back when I was in about the fifth grade, decades ago, my class was going to sing a song out of My Weekly Reader or such.

The song was "Get Along Little Dogies." As everyone knows, a dogie is a motherless calf, either an orphan or a stray. My teacher had us singing "Get along little DOGGIES" and insisted that I was wrong when I kept singing "Get along little Do-gey." My Weekly Reader gave the pronunciation as "Doggies" and those fellows in NYC know everything better than us ignorant folk that actually live with the stock.

I mean, whoever heard of a hand herding canines? That would be a scene right up there with the roundup and trail drive on the worm ranch in Rocky and Bullwinkle. Sheesh. I went home and asked my Dad about it cause I had never heard a calf called a doggy, but I sure knew what a dogie was. He told me something along the lines of a dogie was a dogie, a doggy was a doggy, and it wasn't surprising that some fool back East couldn't tell the two apart.

Well, back when I was in about the fifth grade, decades ago, my class was going to sing a song out of My Weekly Reader or such.

The song was "Get Along Little Dogies." As everyone knows, a dogie is a motherless calf, either an orphan or a stray. My teacher had us singing "Get along little DOGGIES" and insisted that I was wrong when I kept singing "Get along little Do-gey." My Weekly Reader gave the pronunciation as "Doggies" and those fellows in NYC know everything better than us ignorant folk that actually live with the stock.

I mean, whoever heard of a hand herding canines? That would be a scene right up there with the roundup and trail drive on the worm ranch in Rocky and Bullwinkle. Sheesh. I went home and asked my Dad about it cause I had never heard a calf called a doggy, but I sure knew what a dogie was. He told me something along the lines of a dogie was a dogie, a doggy was a doggy, and it wasn't surprising that some fool back East couldn't tell the two apart.

had trouble with a teacher on this exact subject, but I sang "DOGIE" with a loud voice and great zeal that some of the students were either singing it like me, or it was messing up other students.

as punishment, she moved my desk outside of class. I always liked it outside anyways, that way I could see all the dragonflies and bugs and such. She also still wanted me to sing with the class from outside, so I sang louder and greater zeal, which made the other teachers mad at her and that would send me to a trip to the principal.

gig.gif

what is wrong with these city folks??

Back
Top Bottom