Funniest Things A City Slicker Has Ever Said To You?

There is nothing on my reply but a big b link , imbed icon and an @ at thebottom is a trash can preview and blue reply button that's it there's no tool box at the top and no smiley face anywhere

If your on the mobile version there is no menu for smilies, you have to know how to type them, or run the desktop version on you phone... there are buttons at the very bottom of the page in grey(mobile version of BYC) "mobile" and "desktop" to choose from. :idunno :)

When I was in seventh grade I was in a homeschool co-op. One of my classes was animal science and anatomy. So one girl in my class brought in an egg she found at a lake. She said she was trying to hatch it. I asked if she had an incubator, and she said, "What's that? I keep in in a basket with a blanket over it." Umm, I'm pretty sure that egg didn't hatch! And in the same class we were talking about what an animal needs to be classified as a bird (feathers, a beak, warm blooded, wings, ect.) and one boy said, "Wait, chickens don't have wings, so what are they?" To with his friend replied, "They're mammals, duh!" "Really?" "Well they have fur, don't they?"

And let's not forget my cousins boy friend, who saw that my hen was molting, and asked if I has SHAVED her! And what's worse, my cousin looked just as dumb-founded!

I guess that's what I get for having chickens in Florida...

When I was in seventh grade I was in a homeschool co-op. One of my classes was animal science and anatomy. So one girl in my class brought in an egg she found at a lake. She said she was trying to hatch it. I asked if she had an incubator, and she said, "What's that? I keep in in a basket with a blanket over it." Umm, I'm pretty sure that egg didn't hatch! And in the same class we were talking about what an animal needs to be classified as a bird (feathers, a beak, warm blooded, wings, ect.) and one boy said, "Wait, chickens don't have wings, so what are they?" To with his friend replied, "They're mammals, duh!" "Really?" "Well they have fur, don't they?"

And let's not forget my cousins boy friend, who saw that my hen was molting, and asked if I has SHAVED her! And what's worse, my cousin looked just as dumb-founded!

I guess that's what I get for having chickens in Florida...

Maybe the kid who thought chickens were mammals had seen a Silkie?
wink.png

Also at Fair, someone thought all chickens with combs are roosters. There was many exclamations of "LOOK! It's the rooster that layed an egg!" that day.
[/quote]

I didn't know this when I first started researching raising chickens. Never seen one up close let alone that hens had combs.

Also at Fair, someone thought all chickens with combs are roosters. There was many exclamations of "LOOK! It's the rooster that layed an egg!" that day.

I didn't know this when I first started researching raising chickens. Never seen one up close let alone that hens had combs.[/quote]

My parents think this.

They also thought that the colour chicken meant what colour the eggs would be. So brown chicken = brown eggs, white chicken = white eggs.

Back
Top Bottom