Funniest Things A City Slicker Has Ever Said To You?

What color eggs would barred birds lay? Black and white striped?

Earlobe color normally indicates egg color. Red lobes = brown eggs. White lobes = white eggs. However, Penedesencas and Empordanesas lay some of the darkest eggs in the chicken world and have white lobes (or are supposed to).

well if you have any questions PLEASE ask we are always here for you!!!
caf.gif
hugs.gif

Thank you! I grew up in the suburbs all this is so new to me.

Which FL suburbs? I'm originally from Miami. Welcome aboard.

My city friend (grew up in Ft. lauderdale) came up to help me out with my broken ankle. She's been great about the chickens (8 hens) ... even took off her high heels when she went out to feed them and collect eggs. :lol: When she came into the house with the basket of eggs, she said, with a concerned look on her face, "there're only 5 eggs". She though 8 hens = 8 eggs, every single day. I had to educate her. But, I thought it was cute that she was worried something was wrong.

Last edited:
My husbands friend asked me about my goats... "Which do you milk? The boys or the girls?

To which I replied... "Well, you can milk the boys, but I don't think you'll like what you get!"

Actually, it is not all that unusual for bucks from high milk producing lines to give milk. Not a lot, but some. And if you don't milk them as needed they can get mastitis and die. The milk they produce has acceptable flavor too. Doesn't taste bucky. At least mine didn't.

Which FL suburbs? I'm originally from Miami. Welcome aboard.

My city friend (grew up in Ft. lauderdale) came up to help me out with my broken ankle. She's been great about the chickens (8 hens) ... even took off her high heels when she went out to feed them and collect eggs. :lol: When she came into the house with the basket of eggs, she said, with a concerned look on her face, "there're only 5 eggs". She though 8 hens = 8 eggs, every single day. I had to educate her. But, I thought it was cute that she was worried something was wrong.

I live in st Petersburg now but grew up in Punta gorda. I've lived here since 09 and Tampa before that so I'm more used to dogs and cars than chickens. I lived in NE GA for a short stint but that was in a cul-de-sac.

Back
Top Bottom