Funniest Things A City Slicker Has Ever Said To You?

Quote:
Naw...I've seen worse . The ones dressed head to toe in hunters orange !!!! They leave thier cell phones on and answer it !!! Don't ask ( really had to question if DH was REALLY a hunter when he did this !!) I like it when people will eat the chicken deviled eggs but not the duck ! Did that last easter and they stayed away from the duck ones.....too bad all of the yolks were mixed together !
lau.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
HeHeHe- I remember throwing cans in to the goats , because I saw all those old cartoons of them eating cans. Somebody finally told me the truth. But they will eat the paper from the cans and I think maybe that's how that got started.

Did not happen to me, but happened to a co-worker & his nephew.

Nephew was working on a Gentleman's Farm. I dunno what other folks call them, but it's like when a city slicker decides to buy a farm and do rural things despite having grown up in the city. Anyway, this farm had been bought by a lawyer, and Co-worker's Nephew was hired to run the place while Lawyer worked up business part-time in the city. One of Lawyer's ideas was to have big "farmhouse dinners" in a renovated barn on weekends, from stuff grown on the farm, and then they would demonstrate some normal farm operation for the visitors. Co-worker attended this event.

This particular demonstration, Lawyer decided to show them receiving some piglets and getting them tagged, vet-checked and settled into their new home.

Important: Lawyer has never interacted with pigs in any form other than chops, bacon, or sausage. But he read in a book that they are smart like dogs.

Lawyer drives truck up to the barn. Piglets are in back of truck. Beaming with pride, Lawyer opens the gate to the pig paddock on t'other side of the barn, then opens the tailgate of the truck, and says to the pigs, "Go on! Get in there! Get in your sty!"

Three days later, when Nephew had collected the piglets from the various neighbors...

Becky89* :

I live on a dirt road in my uncle's hunting house/camp. I sell my eggs at the Farmer's Market and I was approached by this couple awhile ago. The gentleman asked me why there are mirrors everywhere on my lawn and in my trees. I smiled and said spotlighters, he gave me a confused look and said excuse me. I then explained that a spotlighter was a person who shinned an annoying light onto the property to look for deer.

I am sorry I strongly dislike spotlighters, they shine the dumb light in the house when I am sleeping how are there deer in my house? I enoy listening to the spotlighters swear extremely loud as the light bounces back at them. Deer don't live in trees and they sure don't live in houses!

grrrrr
somad.gif
he.gif
barnie.gif

my son things this is so funny, they spotlight but they know better than to shine on houses.

BTW, its not illegal here, only certain times of the hunting season. But you can get in trouble for shining on the house​

On a small college van geology field trip out in the woods on a one car wide dirt road....

The city girl wants to know how we are getting back to town because this is OBVIOUSLY a one way street... So the gang tells her it will be slow but we can make it back by backing up the van the whole way, and she buys it hook-line-and sinker...

I can't tell you how many times I have tried to order something only to be told sorry that a company won't ship to a foreign country (New Mexico).

preppy*hippie*chick :

OK, I used to train horses. Morgans, on a National level. The woman I worked for also raised some exotics. I had an orphaned baby Llama she'd gotten somewhere on a lead, walking him. A couple stopped to pet him and the woman exclaimed, "Ooooh, what kind of dog is that?! I've GOT to have one."

Yikes.

oh Morgans are my favorite i had a wonderful Mare when I was younger named Damsel she was the best horse ever. To this day if I got a horse (which I can no longer afford to do around here since you have to house them in a stable at the cost of $2000 a month
ep.gif
but If I ever have the land that is the breed I would surely get. won many champion ribbons with her too, she was excellent in dressage, english and western, truely an amazing beast and the sweetest thing, well to me anyway.​

oh I almost forgot, yesterday I sold a bunch of chooks to this guy with 10 acres upstate. He said he had raised chikens before but it had been a few years. well he wanted all of the ones I had
wee.gif
I fiugured he just wanted the pullets but he said to me no I need the roos to I want eggs. well heck I was not going to say a word all the better for me lol so he took 10 pullets and 3 roos and I did the happy dance all day long
smile.png

Oh and then when I told him that I process the extra roos he looked at me like I had 3 heads. I would not have sold him chickens if I did not think he would care for them cause I do think he will give them a good home, but had to laugh a bit after he left.

Quote:
My dad was a big jokester and would tell kids that he knew something about their dad,he bet they didn't know. Of course, they would fall for it every time, and he would tell them that their dad ate dead chickens and went to bed barefoot. You would not believe the kids that would argue till they were blue in the face that their dad DID NOT eat dead chickens or go to bed barefoot. This were not little kids either, these were teens. No one really listens to what people say! We use to die laughing at these kids, because 95% of them fell for it.

Back
Top Bottom