Funniest Things A City Slicker Has Ever Said To You?

"Wow! I diddnt know roosters actually crowed!! Cool."
hu.gif

Another 1st grade mom came over to the house with her son, for a play date.
They walked into the backyard, where we had just finished feeding the goats. She looked at the chicken coop, clearly suprised to find any kind of livestock in a non-farm setting, made some comments about fresh eggs, and wether they needed to be pasturized, and then walked over to the goatpen, where she proceeded to ask me if I got eggs from the goats, too, and what kind they were.
Huh???
th.gif

That just reminded me someone told me you can't eat duck eggs because they are not like chicken eggs that you can eat. You have to throw them away. I said, "Really? I eat them all the time." I love to bake with them.

My sister (twenty five, mind you!) looked at me with disgust when, upon answering her question, "Yes, we do eat the chickens eggs". She replied with "Can't they have like...babies?" ... I tried to explain it to her, but she wouldn't hear of it. She's a strict vegan.

AND! Better yet, I got to school a very intelligent, political major, board-member-to-be at a local college that, yes, hens can lay eggs without roosters. I used the "it's like their period" method of explanation. I also explained (with pictures) the difference in a fertilized & non-fertilized egg.

My nephew (about 6) was allowed to collect the eggs from my hens. He was so excited! I told him that he could take one home with him. He ran into his house took a white store bought egg from the door of the fridge and told his mother This (the white egg) is an egg. THIS ( the brown egg he collected) is a CHICKEN egg.
gig.gif

He is 18 now and I hope that I can tell his grandchildren that story.

<what have I unleashed upon the world???
wink.png
>
The neighbor kid just asked what kind of chicken was in the crate. It's an Angora rabbit. Granted, he was playing safe given that we have silkies and frizzles but STILL-he has big floppy ears!
I never thought about the whole ovulating period thing as an example, I'm keeping it.
When I said the potatoes sprouted, I got a lot of funny looks.

Back
Top Bottom