Funniest Things A City Slicker Has Ever Said To You?

I only read a few pages of these posts before it got too much. What the heck would these people do if they had to fend for themselves? Hello? We had a farm when I was a kid including a garden and animals for food.

When my chickens started laying green eggs. I was asked
"Are they good to eat?"
"Why are they green?" After that one someone else would always say it was what they were fed. So being a smart aleck. I told someone once I fed them green dye. And they believed it!!
Favorite comment so far. "you're the first person I know who has chickens."
roll.png
Taking a big step backwards and don't look the natives in the eye. They're a little odd.

Had a long conversation with my cousin's husband today over Easter dinner. We were talking about eggs and he was wondering why vegetarians would eat eggs but not meat.

"Eggs are meat," he kept repeating.

I told him over & over again that eggs are the soup that's needed to nourish a fertilized embryo, and that there was no "meat" in one. I don't have a rooster b/c we live in the city.

He was insistent. I said that flesh = muscle tissue, and an unfertilized egg had nothing in it that ressembles muslce tissue whatsoever.

I gave up. There's no cure for stupid.

I told someone I wanted to raise chickens for their eggs and he told me I would need a Rooster if I wanted any eggs. I said well I don't want baby chicks and he said you can't get any eggs without a Rooster!

Quote:
my neighbor told me that also!!! and ya know what? i didnt correct him!!
lau.gif
because i wanted to be able to have a rooster...and so now i just give him eggs!...*which i couldnt do if i didnt have a rooster!....or so my neighbor STILL thinks...*
lau.gif
i'm evil...
10638_sign0151.gif

Last edited:
me&thegals :

My sister: I feel so bad that the chicks are taken from their moms (as in a mail-order hatchery order) before they get to nurse!
ep.gif

My kids do know better than the "nursing" bit, but we did have just this conversation the other day. We've had chickens for several years, all raised from sub-week-old chicks, and we're getting a couple new chicks this year. My two oldest (7 and 6) decided to start CRYING about how sad it is that the mommies don't get to raise their babies.
hit.gif
hit.gif
barnie.gif

Oh dear...​

Quote:
My kids do know better than the "nursing" bit, but we did have just this conversation the other day. We've had chickens for several years, all raised from sub-week-old chicks, and we're getting a couple new chicks this year. My two oldest (7 and 6) decided to start CRYING about how sad it is that the mommies don't get to raise their babies.
hit.gif
hit.gif
barnie.gif

Oh dear...

Thats different though...they probably mean that they aren't hatched by their momma and raised that way.

Quote:
My kids are certain that there are two kinds of cows, the ones that make white milk and the ones that make chocolate milk...and they LIVE ON A FARM and RAISE ANGUS.... sometimes my own kids make me shake my head...

Back
Top Bottom