Funniest Things A City Slicker Has Ever Said To You?

Last year I needed some yard work done so I hired "a guy." I was walking him around the yard explaining what I wanted done and we came up on Roxie and Georgia, my two silkies. They were both in mid dust bath and had dug quite a set of holes. They were completely engrossed in their dust bath and didn't notice us until we were standing right next to them.

Well, they both saw us, hopped up and ran off in a hurry.
D.gif
The gardner guy was jumping around waving his arms, "WHAT TA @$%$# WAS THAT?!?!?!?" "HOLY @#$% THERE WAS TWO OF THEM!!"

I was rolling...

After several minutes of explaining that they were chickens and completely harmless, he was OK with it (but he still looking over his shoulder until he left)

The next day I saw him pointing at the run mumbling to the work crew, ".....El Pollo Loco...."
lau.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
At least it wasnt the Co-Op or TSC that told you that..... for me... it was both places!

They really should ask before they hire people if they have ANY experience at all...
roll.png

Oh - and I'm one of those "strange people" that cant eat meat off a bone either (someone many posts back posted their sister couldnt do that...)
hmm.png
its a thing some of us have...

My sister (god love her) - also thinks its gross that "real eggs" come from a chickens butt...
roll.png
I asked her 'Well where do you think the eggs you get come from?" Her reply: "The grocery store"

gig.gif

Really? Are there really people like this out there? *thud*

Last edited:
This doesn't have to do with animals but... I knew a guy in college that hung out with those of us in the rodeo club. I don't think he had ever even been on a horse, but he was a nice guy. We took a road trip to Vegas for a rodeo there and were driving through some rocky canyon areas. The guy says "it's hard to believe all this is man-made!"
roll.png
lol.png

Several years ago a friend of mine that worked with a large building supply company got to go on a trip to a window manufacturing facility....I believe in Minnitonka, WI.

It was the fall of the year and had been raining steadily here in Alabama...too wet to get into the peanut fields. In small talk with some of the window company employees they expressed their concern about the Alabama farmers not being able to get the "peanut pickers" into the fields...they suggested that the farmers issue raincoats to the "peanut pickers". Seizing on the opportunity, my friend instantly changed the subject to describing an 8-row "grit picker"...."...it's so big that they have to stop traffic for miles when they move one on the highway as it takes up both lanes and then some...". The window factory workers were amazed.
lau.gif

Of course, not picking on WI a bit....
smile.png

Ed

When I was 7 I was at my county fair and I was in the pen with my barrow, and there was a man who was about 35 walking his little boy around showing him the animals. My pig was laying on its side and the man said "See son you can tell that one is a girl because it has nipples" I started laughing very hard then the man glared at me, then I stopped laughing and said "you have nipples." He walked away as he was whispering something to his kid.

Back
Top Bottom