Funniest Things A City Slicker Has Ever Said To You?

OK. I've gotta out myself. Yesterday I was posting on this thread. and walked out to the kitchen to get another cup of coffee. As I passed through the living room there was a news story on the TV about feeding easter eggs to dogs. The pic was an unusual looking dog eating colored eggs. I thought Kinda odd but kinda cool looking dog. wonder what kind it is? As I reach the kitchen, I hear the reporter saying that the Sloth Bears really like eggs.

2.gif

Imp-But I did just figure how to import new smilies.

My husband is from Newfoundland. Not a lot of farming going on up there. I'll never forget the day early in our relationship when he and I were driving along and saw turkey vultures in a field. He asked "Why aren't those chickens cooped up?" I almost peed my pants right there in the car. He's come a LONG way since then.
lol.png

Okay so my brother and sister are twins so after my mom would be in the store and people would comment on how cute they were and my mom would say they were boy girl twins and then the people would say really!?! are they identical!?!?!?
roll.png
ummm no I'm pretty sure the plumbing is different
roll.png
roll.png

Quote:
HAHA! I know this happens...I have twin boys, identical! I also babysit my Goddaughter who is excatly 2 months younger. We were all shopping at Safeway a couple of months ago when not 1 but 2 different people came up and asked if they were triplets...now the funny thing is...my children are dark skinned, mexican and french, my Goddaughter is german...White as white can be!!! I still am laughing when I told all of them, "of course they are"! didnt even blink!

Here's your sign!

Ok, my mom has a twin sister that has always lived around her. They have lived next door to each for the last 30 yrs. They were raised in WV, and had chickens and such growing up. So my aunt is no city slicker. A country girl by birth, but married to a city slicker LOL.

I have chickens, and give them eggs once in a while, my aunt eats them, and my uncle refuses. I got two ducks that are laying and my aunt says she wants a duck egg to try. This really surprised me, and i gave her one to try. LOL, then my uncle asked if they sell these in the store around here, and when I told him not locally here. He thinks something is wrong with it. So they looked it up on the computer, before he would let her eat it. She calls and tells us, You can eat duck eggs, we found out on our computer, but only way is in baking. I said well if you bake with it, you are eating it. I dont' know if she has ate it yet LOL.

I forgot about the silly woman from the "produce" stand who stopped by with my veggie order last fall. She sees the coop and the chickens in the run and says

"Why do they live in that house?"

My only response... "Because they are not living in mine"

Quote:
HAHA! I know this happens...I have twin boys, identical! I also babysit my Goddaughter who is excatly 2 months younger. We were all shopping at Safeway a couple of months ago when not 1 but 2 different people came up and asked if they were triplets...now the funny thing is...my children are dark skinned, mexican and french, my Goddaughter is german...White as white can be!!! I still am laughing when I told all of them, "of course they are"! didnt even blink!

Here's your sign!

My oldest DD and our DS are 18 month apart and people still ask if the are twins. I got another heres your sign.
Taylor was 4 month old we went to the store with her. She wore RED PLAID PADDINGTON BEAR DRESS some guy looked at her and said. "THats a cute little boy"

one day we had ordered buffalo wings from a pizza place and she looks at them and goes: "Are these really from buffaloes?" and i (sarcastically) said "Yes, of course." my sister said: "wow, i didn't know that." then my dad spoiled it by saying: "Yes, they take these teeny tiny wings off of the poor buffalo."

my sons are 10mths and 28 days apart in age (yeah, i didnt plan that lol) but since they were tiny i havebeen asked if they are twins. now that they are older they are similar in size but they dont look like twins (damien is very blond with big blue eyes and Tj is a curly haired brunette with deep green eyes). but ppl will stop and say "your twins are cute!" and i dont even blink anymore. i just say thanks lol.
and when i had my daughter i got her everything in pink bc dang it, i was happy to have a girl lol. but ppl would still call her a boy bc they see the 2 older boys and assume that the littlest one (who is decked out in pink and has earings ) is a boy too
roll.png

drives me bonkers.

Back
Top Bottom