Funniest Things A City Slicker Has Ever Said To You?

This thread is a riot!

- I have a customer who will only buy and eat green eggs, because (according to her) they don't have cholesterol. (doh!) Makes me think I should charge more for the green ones. HA!

- I recently wrote on my blog about some new chicks hatching on the farm. A gal sent me an email and wanted to know how I knew which eggs had chicks in them, and which eggs were for eating, since they all seemed to look the same on the outside. (She seemed to think that the chick was already full-size when the egg was laid.)

- Occasionally I take eggs to the local scrapbook store to sell to the ladies. First time, the store owner wanted to know if they were actually edible or if they were just for decoration... *giggle* My girls' eggs are pretty, but also quite tasty!

- And I have heard the "I can't eat that -- it came out of a chicken butt" comment more times than I can count...

People are so FUNNY!

Great thread! Worth MANY belly laughs!

Last edited:
I'll bet your husband had pyloric stenosis. My son had it too, and has the lovely scar to show for it.

Good guess, but it was Hierschprung's disease. Lack of nerve endings in the lower portion of the large intestine. Either way is no fun...​

Last edited:
Quote:
How do you pastureize an egg? Put the hen in a pasture?

Yes, you can actually pasturize an egg. It involves cooking it at a certain temperature for a certain length of time, just like milk
big_smile.png

On NightLine the other night I learned about the eggshell color.

It was reported that the color of the feathers determines the color of the egg shell.

White feathers=White eggshells
Brown feathers=Brown eggshells

My neighbor said I had 'chickens and roosters running in my yard'

Back
Top Bottom