Funniest Things A City Slicker Has Ever Said To You?

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

One day my sister was talking to her BF in high school about putting a ring in our bull's nose. Her BF was confused. "How can you tell it's a bull if it isn't born with a ring in it's nose?" (We live in a very rural community) We all still laugh at this one and its been 30+ years.

Quote:
my sister has scars around both shoulder because her shoulders would pop out of the sockets.... she tells people she was born with her arms on the wrongs side and they had to change them around. lol

Quote:
my sister has scars around both shoulder because her shoulders would pop out of the sockets.... she tells people she was born with her arms on the wrongs side and they had to change them around. lol

LOL!!!! Sometimes sarcasm is the best medicine.

This isn't really connected to chickens, but as a realtor, believe me when I say I meet all kinds. I showed an acreage to a city dude, and there was a lovely creek running through it . . . he was all puffed up about how he was going to have rock concerts there,
th.gif
( and believe me when I say I am a 70's child!) and blah, blah, blah, when he suddenly looked over at the creek, and said, "SAY! do you think I could build a small power plant (?) and have a dam here?" I looked at him with my eyeballs bulging out of my head,
ep.gif
but simply said, "GOSH!! I don't know, have to go to the county board to see what they think!" I went home and told DH, and he looked at me in utter amazement, because if there is one thing us country people know is, you can't stop Or better not even try to stop a natural waterway . . . especially with a personal power plant. Needless to say, never heard from him again.
idunno.gif

Years ago I would take my son, nephew, and nieces fishing and crawdadding. We were gigging crawdads in the Truckee River one day, downtown Reno, when a woman leans over the railing and says, "Thats cruel! You should be ashamed of yourselves!" My nine year old son looks up at her and says, "No lady, that's the food chain."

This happened a couple weeks ago. The UPS driver came by for a delivery and asked, "What's with all the feathers?" I told him I had just planted eggs and they were starting to come up. He said that makes sense since it's spring. I had just butchered some roosters and plucked them.

Quote:
I know that!!! But some people don't it would be a pretty egg though
smile.png

P.S. I have mille fluers so I know that this egg colour is hog wash the milles lay a cream colored egg.

Ooops! I don't think my tongue-in-cheek came across in this post. I really was not insulting your intelligence!
smile.png

me&thegals :

Quote:
I know that!!! But some people don't! It would be a pretty egg though
smile.png

P.S. I have mille fluers so I know that this egg colour thing is hog wash the milles lay a cream colored egg.

Ooops! I don't think my tongue-in-cheek came across in this post. I really was not insulting your intelligence!
smile.png

Oh I know I was being funny. I knew you were playing
wink.png

Well I never thought I'd include my much beloved sister-in-law in here but after this afternoon I have to. My nephew is leaving for the Navy Thursday, his B day is Friday, so she asked me to make a cake for him. Ricky is more like my son than my nephew, I love him dearly, so of course I'll come home from work and make him a cake! Then the kicker, she asked me if I could use my hen's eggs because he likes them better than the real ones in her fridge. You have to understand she isn't from this country, is learning English, but still lol,, she kept wondering why I was staring at her!!!
And if the member on here that knows her tell her I posted this I'll have to steal all your chickens in the middle of the night lol!!

Aside from chickens, I was reading some of the other stories about scars and stupid people and I had to add something else. When I was 17 and traveling every weekend to rodeos, I shared my horse trailer with a guy named Pete. He and I and another dear friend we lost about that time were sitting on our horses by the arena talking with my grandad. Pete who is 19, up and says: "Colonel, you know what I'm gonna be??" My grandad says: "No, Pete, what are you going to be?" Pete very straightfaced,, looks him in the eye and says: "I'm gonna be a moron! You know, they can get married more than once." My grandad, ever the officer and gentleman, looks at him, shakes and head and says: "Don't worry, I think you've got it covered." Then he walked away shaking his head.

Back
Top Bottom