Funniest Things A City Slicker Has Ever Said To You?

Quote:
I just wanted to say- sure we can live on them (I do) but have you ever tried running on one? Especially w/ sharp rocks and right after winter when your feet are still soft..
ep.gif
I

think the funniest things are having arguements about roosters actually being chickens (apparently they're not?) and that I don't live where I do because They can't see it from the road.
"There're six houses back there."
"No there's not. there's only 2."
"Then why do we each have 3 mailboxes??"
Some people... No I have no CLUE were I live, Please Feel Free to tell me. Make it a mansion.
lau.gif

The nerve of you to think you know where you live! I have never heard of such nonsense!
lol.png

I have the same problem with my address. My mother called me from UPS and one day and said "Lady they say your address does not exist can you confirm it for me" So I repeated it to her and she handed her phone to the UPS clerk who said "That address does not exist" I said

"Then please go tell the mortgage company and the electric company that I am paying someone else's bill"

Tee hee hee hee thats funny!!
gig.gif

Cetawin

I have the same problem with my address. My mother called me from UPS and one day and said "Lady they say your address does not exist can you confirm it for me" So I repeated it to her and she handed her phone to the UPS clerk who said "That address does not exist" I said

"Then please go tell the mortgage company and the electric company that I am paying someone else's bill"

LOL I remember living with my best friend in a tiny southern Missouri town and being told that our house address did not exist. As I was moving away they finally named the street so emergency personal could find us if we ever had to call 911 since they couldn't figure out where we lived either by the Country Road Name but the bills could sure find us.

I've been reading BYC for a while without posting, but I had to jump onto this one.

In a discussion with some of my family on Easter, I was talking about the plucker I was building. Several people asked about the mechanics of it, but my BIL asked me "doesn't getting their feathers pulled out hurt them?" Nice.

Quote:

I was watching a design show, and the host was pointing out the deer antler chandelier. She said, "These are artificial antlers, so no animals were harmed for the making of this chandelier."

WOW! to both

But they DO make fake antlers, seriously! I have a set of candlesticks set on fake antlers.

ETA: OH! I think I see what you are getting at
lol.png
You're probably suggesting they were shed antlers versus killing the deer for its antlers.

Last edited:
Maybe the Nightly News could announce that after all these years the ancient old wonder "do you really need a rooster to have eggs" is solved.....could you imagine the calamity and calls they would receive disputing this fact....my grandma thought you had to have a rooster to have eggs (they use to raise em' too). My neighbor who was "raised on a farm" told his wife the same thing. She proceeds to tell me "yeah we picked up three more chickens.... 2 hens and a rooster because we want to have eggs".
roll.png
So I them proceed to tell her oh you don't have to have a roo they will have eggs anyway...just like women we have a cycle regaurdless if our fella is around or not" ( could you imagine the island of "women only" if it were true
lol.png
) She then relizes Oh your right. I have another friend who listens to her husband about all farm related anythings because he "grew up on a farm" also. I told her some facts about her broody hen and told her not to let the hen sit on eggs that are no more than a couple of days layed together and that the eggs may not hatch on the same of day wait another day or two.. Oh okay she says.......four hatched on the first day and her DH throws the rest (6 other) in the woods and said they were no good cause they didn't hatch all together
hit.gif
smack.gif

Ol'FashionHen :

( could you imagine the island of "women only" if it were true
lol.png
)

That sounds like a lovely and peaceful vacation spot. Just imagine a whole week of not having to tell somebody which drawer the socks are kept in or that the butter is on the top shelf of the fridge in the same place you have kept it for 26 years. But then again, who would kill the spiders?​

me&thegals :

But they DO make fake antlers, seriously! I have a set of candlesticks set on fake antlers.

ETA: OH! I think I see what you are getting at
lol.png
You're probably suggesting they were shed antlers versus killing the deer for its antlers.

Yes, even if the were real antlers, it would not have hurt the animal to use them. The animal was finished with them. That is why they get used for art, furniture, etc. They are easy to find. I have never heard of anyone killing a deer for its antlers. That would be foolish since they are so easy to get by just walking through the forest.

Now a bunch of ignorant people will be asking, are those antlers real? And then assuming that the deer must have been killed to get their antlers. What a shame.​

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom