Funniest Things A City Slicker Has Ever Said To You?

This happened only a few weeks ago. I had someone come to give me an estimate on some work and he saw that I had two baby goats. He asked me if I bred them for pets and I told him that I needed to breed my does for milk production. I explained that this year I bred 2 goats and they had their kids 2 weeks apart. One had a boy and one had a girl. Then he asked, "The boys don't have babies, right?".

Needless to say he didn't get hired!

We've been so excited to have our first chicks and are really enjoying the entire "we have chickens!" thing. We've built a tractor and a small coop. Went to church last Sunday and mentioned to the ladies in the nursery that we had some baby chicks. One woman looked at me with a sort of awestruck/disgusted combo on her face and said to me, "Chickens! You're keeping chickens in your house?!" I said "Oh yes, just until they're old enough and then they'll go outside in the coop.". And she still looked stunned and disgusted and said, "So, you just have them inside your house?!". And I just thought, what is this lady's problem? She's married to a biologist, we live on 1/4 acre in a really open, outskirts sort of neighborhood (she's a few blocks down). And it just hit me tonight - I think she thinks we let the chicks run free in our house while they are feathering out. No wonder she thought it was icky.
We had another woman from church ask us, "So, what exactly are you doing with these chicks?". I replied, "Raising them." What else would I do with them? Not much there to eat at this point.
hmm.png
jumpy.gif

^ Yeah I love that look they get on their face when I say I've got chickens in my shower.

Actually, mom was on the phone when I told her... and after she stopped laughing and was able to breathe again she then announced it to my uncle... and once HE stopped laughing... MY side of the family... 'nuf said.

"Brown eggs are too dirty looking for me to eat"
"are the eggs brown inside the brown shell?"
"an egg is a chickens menstrual cycle,and I cant touch anything that has one of them"(from a lady..no joking!!!)
"does the rooster lay eggs?"
"do those 3 week old chicks lay eggs?"

and the winner is......

"My duck has diarhea.Can I give it pepto bismal?"

I dare anyone to top mine! I would like to see!!
thumbsup.gif
barnie.gif

Quote:
I had a new resident in town ask why I had roosters. I said so we can hatch baby chicks. She seriously asked, you need a rooster for that??

This isn't from somebody from the city but it's still funny.

One day at school I told one of my friends that I just learnt that chickens are dinosaurs cause birds are dinosaurs...
He said,"Yeah birds are dinosaurs but chickens aren't, they're mammals!"
This came from a 6th grader...
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom