Funniest Things A City Slicker Has Ever Said To You?

Quote:
In all honesty, the store bought organic eggs here are all brown. But only because people think brown eggs are better for you than white eggs. Anyone ever heard that? "Brown eggs have no cholesterol!" And the egg factories switch to brown laying hens and go cha-ching!

HAHAHAHA....yes, I've heard that.......and, I've heard the opposite - my sister has told me, in all seriousness, that I shouldn't get any chickens that lay brown eggs - they'll raise my cholestrol up!

We grew up on a farm - try and figure that one out!

Quote:
LMAO!
lau.gif
I have some double cousins, myself. People always thought one of them was my little sister because we favored each other so much. I hate trying to explain it to people because they automatically think, "Yeah, I knew all those people in Alabama were inbred." It is not inbreeding when the couples who get married are not blood related to their actual spouse.

Yeah - I get that with both sides of my family, also. I have 2 sets of cousins that are married - 1 set of first cousins, and 1 set that aren't related to each other ( cousin on my Dad's side/cousin on my Mama's side) and my parents introduced 2nd set to each other.

my lil bro wanted to go outside with my dad, my dad says, " wanna come outside ? "

then my lil bro says, " yes "

then my dad says, " you really want to go outside? "

then my lil bro says, " no "

xD

While pointing to a green egg from my Ameraucanas, a visitor said "Oh my gosh, is that a real chicken egg!?" and when I told her it was she said, "Well you can't eat it, can you??"

At the county fair, a very city-fied lady and her son came into the poultry barn where I was working feeding and watering all the birds. After she watched me take care of an entire row, she said, "Are these all yours?". Then after I answered that one, she said, "What makes them get that ugly red thing on top of their head?" (Pointing to the comb on one)

And while I was looking over the chicks at a local farm store, a lady came up and asked me "Do those lay eggs?"

One of my egg customers won't eat brown eggs because she thinks there's something wrong with them.

and

when people find out I live in New Mexico, I've gotten:

Don't you have to have a green card to cross the border

or

What state is that in?

While I was working the county fair petting zoo last year, a woman and her son came in. Petting a calf, she turned to her son and said, "Come pet the pony!" My jaw literally dropped!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom