Funniest Things A City Slicker Has Ever Said To You?

Quote:
Btw, bloodspots and fertilization have nothing to do with each other. An unfertilized egg is just as likely to have a bloodspot as a fertilized egg.

Well I should have known better. I am going to blame my mother for that piece of misinformation. She isn't wrong very often, but then she was raised before there were computers.
gig.gif
I am so going to have mention this to my DH also. He had a cow when I bought a couple of dozen eggs at the auction, because he said that they would have blood spot in them. I told him that i didn't care, but then thought that maybe he knew something about the matter. That was a very expensive 36 eggs I bought that day. Since DH wouldn't eat them I went and bought a incubator, and tried to hatch them. 2 of the chicks made it. To say the least I know a lot more than I did before.

The blood spot is blood from the hen. Eating a egg with a blood spot, sure you eat more chicken blood , when you eat chicken........

my friend said: " how did you do that magic trick? "

then i said, " a magician never tells his secrets "

then my friend said: " really? i thought only a magic guy dosen't tell his secrets... "

xD

Quote:
As a child I wanted a pony sooo bad after reading Misty and then a horse after reading Black beauty . I thought horses were sooo smart. As an adult I leased a camp quarterhorse and found out just how dumb some of them are!

When I was 10 I made my parents take me on and my sisters to Chincoteague Island because of the MIsty books... Got chased by a Stallion
hide.gif
But it was well worth it....

Last night we had some family friends over and I showed my EE hen to their daughter. She was holding her and admiring her shiny feathers and she loved how soft she was. Then I told her that this hen lays green eggs and she said, "EEWWWW!!!!" and didnt want to hold her anymore. I had some further explaining to do lol.
She's only 11, but i still thought it was funny
smile.png

Too bad the hen is still getting over a broody stage; I could have shown the girl the beautiful mint green eggs we get!

Quote:
Or having to explain what a "proud cut" gelding is
roll.png

Hum? Lots of these things are things that city people wouldn't know... Now I know what males and females of most critters are and that they are not breeds, and I know that geldings are neutered/castrated stallions - but now I'm going to have to look up a few things now.

wink.png

Remember horse sense is only good till the horse spooks.

Oh here it is I looked it up... hummm family site... I'll just post the link...
http://www.horsekeeping.com/horse_health_care/gelding_and_aftercare.htm

Last edited:
Quote:
Or having to explain what a "proud cut" gelding is
roll.png

Hum? Lots of these things are things that city people wouldn't know... Now I know what males and females of most critters are and that they are not breeds, and I know that geldings are neutered/castrated stallions - but now I'm going to have to look up a few things now.

wink.png

LOL, no worries.......a proud cut gelding is technecally ( I probably didn't spell that right) a casterated stallion. But the casterating process wasn't done right and the horse still has the temperment and tendencies of a stallion, even though he can't do any thing. In other words the "want to" is there, but the " can do " isn't.

My last barrel horse was a "proud cut" and he was pretty agressive. I got along with him fine as did my husband but he wouldn't tolerate another male messing with him. I also had to keep him away from mares in "heat" and other stallions.

Unfortunataly we lost him 10 years ago to colic.

Quote:

wink.png

LOL, no worries.......a proud cut gelding is technecally ( I probably didn't spell that right) a casterated stallion. But the casterating process wasn't done right and the horse still has the temperment and tendencies of a stallion, even though he can't do any thing. In other words the "want to" is there, but the " can do " isn't.

My last barrel horse was a "proud cut" and he was pretty agressive. I got along with him fine as did my husband but he wouldn't tolerate another male messing with him. I also had to keep him away from mares in "heat" and other stallions.

Unfortunataly we lost him 10 years ago to colic.

The things that I am still learning. This one is rather interesting.
ep.gif

Quote:
It's okay by me after homeschooling my kids, there isn't much that could really surprise me these days.
lol.png
I am a firm believer that children should know things like this. I would rather have responsible adults teach kids the things they need to know thanthat they learn this stuff from other teenagers or from a pervert. When kids used to grow up on farms there was a lot less irresponsible behavior in the world. I am also a firm believer that we need continue to learn for a lifetime.

Back
Top Bottom