Funniest Things A City Slicker Has Ever Said To You?

Well I knew I had a few too many chickens, but I didn't realize how it looked to an outsider until a lady came to buy a couple chicks today and her daughter took one look around and my backyard and said, "I like this farm!"
lol.png

Quote:

Sometimes I ask my MiL to invite my SiL to the family dinners, just so that I will have something new to laugh about behind her back. My MiL rarely will invite all of us to dinner at the same time. I don't understand why exactly. I know that I can behave myself for at least a few hours at a time. I think it is because my DH's sister can't stand the other SiL. I like that your DH can mess with his sisters head like he does. It's a shame that it has to be at your expense. It is nice that you can now say things about her on Facebook without her being able to read it.
gig.gif
Now if you could just get everyone else you know to not mention it to her, you could say anything you want.
gig.gif

mom'sfolly :

Ok, the talking of tides reminded me of one:

When I was in highschool, I had a summer job in an art gallery that catered to tourists. It was dockside, in Alaska, and it was one of the closest stores to the cruise ship docks. Folks who had been on a cruise ship for a week would walk into the store saying "smell that mountain air" and then proceed to ask what the elevation was. Ummmmmm, about ten feet?

This one had me laughing out loud. She must have thought that they were a long way "up" in Alaska, Because it is a long way up on a flat map.
gig.gif
I love the tidal action that goes on in Alaska. it is so extreme compared to tides farther south. I suppose that she wasn't aware that she was really smelling salt water and seaweed.
th.gif

Quote:
My uncle was saying we could open up a petting zoo with us and our neighbors because we have tons of different birds( peafowl, various chickens, guineas,ducks, hopefully pheasants) and fainting goats while our neighbor has horses. If we bought a llama or alpaca we would have a petting zoo.

Quote:

Sometimes I ask my MiL to invite my SiL to the family dinners, just so that I will have something new to laugh about behind her back. My MiL rarely will invite all of us to dinner at the same time. I don't understand why exactly. I know that I can behave myself for at least a few hours at a time. I think it is because my DH's sister can't stand the other SiL. I like that your DH can mess with his sisters head like he does. It's a shame that it has to be at your expense. It is nice that you can now say things about her on Facebook without her being able to read it.
gig.gif
Now if you could just get everyone else you know to not mention it to her, you could say anything you want.
gig.gif

well acording to my hubby, his sister is exactly like their mother, which neither one ever got along with. So he has no issues picking onher even at their mature age. Its been 8 yrs, 5 since we bought the farm. I think its just too much for her to admit she was wrong abut us, or even admit she doesn't know much about farm living. If she doesn't understand it its immediately a No NO. It can be good living in this world as a close minded individual. One day sooner or later her hubby might drag her butt out here and maybe she will change her mind. To be honest the only reason it bothers me she is the way she is and her deleting me is my nieces, I love them to death. Picking on my SIL is quite fun.

But anyhow he already told her he was kidding cause she went whinning to gramps about things, and I guess he laughed at her and told her to call my hubby back for clarification. LOL

Quote:
gig.gif
gig.gif

well acording to my hubby, his sister is exactly like their mother, which neither one ever got along with. So he has no issues picking onher even at their mature age. Its been 8 yrs, 5 since we bought the farm. I think its just too much for her to admit she was wrong abut us, or even admit she doesn't know much about farm living. If she doesn't understand it its immediately a No NO. It can be good living in this world as a close minded individual. One day sooner or later her hubby might drag her butt out here and maybe she will change her mind. To be honest the only reason it bothers me she is the way she is and her deleting me is my nieces, I love them to death. Picking on my SIL is quite fun.

But anyhow he already told her he was kidding cause she went whinning to gramps about things, and I guess he laughed at her and told her to call my hubby back for clarification. LOL

yuckyuck.gif

Quote:
OMG I SO need a life... or at least a less morbid sense of humor... my first thought was...

Considering you bought the farm five years ago you type amazingly well.
gig.gif

Then again, I consider some of Robert Jordan's greatest words to be...

If you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips.

So there ya go.

Okay, so my son is behind me on the other puter playing a game... he's connected by headset to a British lad... and I just heard him say "My home is cereal and is more comfortable than your chicken"

I am SOOOO lost... I mean, I know parents aren't poda understand their kids... but even the Brit can't understand THAT!

Last edited:
Quote:
OMG I SO need a life... or at least a less morbid sense of humor... my first thought was...

gig.gif

If you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips.

So there ya go.

Okay, so my son is behind me on the other puter playing a game... he's connected by headset to a British lad... and I just heard him say "My home is cereal and is more comfortable than your chicken"

I am SOOOO lost... I mean, I know parents aren't poda understand their kids... but even the Brit can't understand THAT!

bahahahaha..I have a 14 yr old and he said its not cereal but serial, he says it means comfortable/cool...I don't know I don't understand their lingo half the time. Half of my family are brits (the other half are all spanish)and I never understand when my nieces or nephews are talking to their peers.. I literally have to tell them to speak English, you know the kind the rest of us will understand. BUt according to my son they can understand each other just fine :-/

When I get tired of them talking to me in their lingo I just mock them till they say...ok so you are so not cool!!!! I like to constantly repeat the words in a bimbo voice...OMG...like that is fah realz, sweet, that's hot, my job is done as soon as they get the "I am mortified" look on their faces...LOL...

speaking of typing exceptionally well. She almost had a cow when I told her I was going to home school my children, (which I did try but my daughter doesn't listen to me that well :-S) and I never mentioned that the first thing she asked me about the farm was whether we had electricity out here...lol...Imean I showed her a photo of the farm and in the photo ther eis a huge hydro pole in front of the property
ep.gif

she readded me on facebook, still on waiting for confirmation, I sent her a message which only said " I WILL THINK ABOUT IT!!" LMAO!!!

Last edited:
Quote:

gig.gif

So there ya go.

bahahahaha..I have a 14 yr old and he said its not cereal but serial, he says it means comfortable/cool...I don't know I don't understand their lingo half the time. Half of my family are brits (the other half are all spanish)and I never understand when my nieces or nephews are talking to their peers.. I literally have to tell them to speak English, you know the kind the rest of us will understand. BUt according to my son they can understand each other just fine :-/

When I get tired of them talking to me in their lingo I just mock them till they say...ok so you are so not cool!!!! I like to constantly repeat the words in a bimbo voice...OMG...like that is fah realz, sweet, that's hot, my job is done as soon as they get the "I am mortified" look on their faces...LOL...

speaking of typing exceptionally well. She almost had a cow when I told her I was going to home school my children, (which I did try but my daughter doesn't listen to me that well :-S) and I never mentioned that the first thing she asked me about the farm was whether we had electricity out here...lol...Imean I showed her a photo of the farm and in the photo ther eis a huge hydro pole in front of the property
ep.gif

she readded me on facebook, still on waiting for confirmation, I sent her a message which only said " I WILL THINK ABOUT IT!!" LMAO!!!

LOL !!!

Back
Top Bottom