Funniest Things A City Slicker Has Ever Said To You?

Yeah it's weird though because I KNOW I had to have mentioned the green eggs I ate when I went up to visit Ol' Granny, My Dad, etc in Arkansas in the summers... least I think I would have mentioned it back then? I donno, it certainly stuck with me, but maybe not them. Then again they didn't actually get to see them so maybe that's part? *shrug*

I was chopping up some liver to feed to the chickens and my WIFE askes "Your going to give it to them raw?"

I replied "Yes, I don't recall when chickens were evolving they had access to fire to cook their food."

Quote:
Exchange student from Germany was coming by the farm last year. I gave her some green eggs. Didn't think much of it till later... Her U.S.A. mom over heard her on the phone with her German dad a few days later telling him about the mountain man that had chickens that layed green eggs an how I gave her some. The rest of the conversation was about how she needed to come home an him questioning her about what kinds of drugs that us Americans had got her on.

Quote:
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

this can't be true!!!
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

(wipes tears from eyes) Good Job

Last edited:
Quote:
Exchange student from Germany was coming by the farm last year. I gave her some green eggs. Didn't think much of it till later... Her U.S.A. mom over heard her on the phone with her German dad a few days later telling him about the mountain man that had chickens that layed green eggs an how I gave her some. The rest of the conversation was about how she needed to come home an him questioning her about what kinds of drugs that us Americans had got her on.

yuckyuck.gif

lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

I went in on buying some polish crested bantams with a friend, I asked her if she wanted some eggs..
She said, "I don't eat eggs, that don't have an expiration date".. IE store bought eggs..
Then why did she buy 4 hens??
After her not buying ANY feed for them for months, I started to rehome them.. I kept one of hers, and found homes for the rest..
A year and a half later she wonders why she doesn't have any chickens...

Another favorite is when some one sees a Green EE egg, they wonder if the yolk is colored that way too.

I lived in Jackson Hole Wyoming for a several years. The list of crazy things city folks said is so long. Here's my favorite thing that happened a few times.

Driving out to the main road I often had to go through the resident WILD Bison herd. Often there would be a person standing way too close to the Bison taking pictures. Usually, I would stop and roll down the window and, as a public service, mention that these animals are unpredictable and dangerous. Typically, before I can get anything out, the person would say something like, "Oh! Hi! Would you mind taking my picture while I pet the cow?" *or (all too often)* "Will you take a picture of my kid on the cow?" usually followed by, "They are such fluffy cows! what kind are they?"

Sometimes, after my warning, they would argue and act offended. One guy was arguing with his back turned to the Bison. Next thing the Bison is charging! I yell, and he dives behind his car door. Bison on one side, dumb guy on the other. We laughed for a long time on that one.

Back
Top Bottom