Funniest Things A City Slicker Has Ever Said To You?

Wasn't offended (and glad I didn't come across as mean). Just worried that some people might believe this and not feed their kitties in hopes of turning them into mousers.

This is a great thread. I have to admit there were some things I'm still learning about chickens - and feel really silly when I have to ask but figure it's better to ask than to continue in ignorance.

Quote:
I've had this conversation a few times too. I just tell them my hens are lesbian hens and don't need a rooster.
roll.png

Imp

I am SO stealing that from you!!! that's awesome.
clap.gif

Same here! GREAT idea!
gig.gif

This isn't really a city slicker thing, but it's so cute!! I was babysitting a 4 y/o and a 6 y/o today and my chickens just started laying two days ago (
ya.gif
) so I brought an egg to show them. When I told them that they taste a lot better than the ones from the store Alice, the older one, said "Wait you eat the eggs?!?" "Yes," I said "But why? How? Wait what? You eat the eggs? Are you kidding?" She said, causing Peter, the younger one, to start looking very upset. I started to explain, but then I decided to ask her why it bothered her. She responded by saying "But wont that make them sad?" <3

Family member: "I won't eat your eggs. I'll only buy them from the store."

Me: "Why not?"

Family mamber: "I don't want to eat anything that comes out of a chickens butt."

hu.gif
hu.gif
hu.gif
hu.gif

Quote:
You would think so, but it is really more about how well their mothers taught them how to kill a mouse. I am at a point I think we take kittens away from their mothers much too soon. 12 to 16 weeks would be better than 6 to 8 weeks. Most of the hunting that I have observed, simply an outcome of being taught that it is fun to play with your prey. It moves let's kill it mentality. Some people think it is mean, but when you have a litter of rats born across the street, you will find that you are incredibly grateful that these well feed cats are able to take care of the problem.

can you hear me now? :

Quote:
Guessing the chickens that give the store eggs manufacture them in an assembly line?

Yep Kraft and Proctor and Gamble have teamed up to manufacture eggs without a chicken butt being evolved. That way the real people are kept safe from the knowledge of how food is made.
lau.gif

Quote:
WRONG.

my cats are free fed (meaning their food is always out and they are able to graze when they want.) at four years old they are both 11 pounds (brother and sister from the same litter.) and still hunt whenever they can.

THAT BEING SAID.

i also adopted them at four weeks old after their mother died, and they kill mice for me frequently. they dont eat them, there is never even a speck of blood. they always leave the body somewhere i know they will find it.

i dont think animals "stuff" themselves the way we people do.

i think the whole cat converation has not been based on the kind of experience i have had with mine which is cats in their prime, access to food all day long, mother died when they were four weeks old, avid hunters anyhow.

Back
Top Bottom