Funniest Things A City Slicker Has Ever Said To You?

I have been watching Shadow Paints' Harley (on marestare) while at work. I got one of the other females interested in it & when we work together, I've had it pulled up to check on periodically.
We did not work together last night, but were talking in the parking lot. She asked me...get ready...

"Did the baby goat hatch?"

When I told my friend I was getting chickens she replied, "like, the kind that shoot eggs out their butts?"

and

This winter somebody told me to put SOCKS on my chickens feet to keep them warm.

Quote:
===========
yuckyuck.gif
yuckyuck.gif
yuckyuck.gif

When I lived in PA and the Farmers sold land to developers to build Big New Homes on 1 acre lots this girl says to me "Why do they always put an Old Farmhouse in the Middle of All these New Homes?"

Okay, so these girls were walking their puppy by our house today as I was coming in from the store. We chatted about their dog, and my dog (who I let out to greet the puppy) and I commented about how our dog is even good with the chickens. The girls said they had chickens too!

Great! I'm thinking...

Then, I asked, what kind of chickens do you have?

"Oh, we used to have two chickens - a zebra one and an orange one. The zebra one died though - she was like, 5 years old, so now we just have the orange one."

Okay.........

Apparently the "orange one" lays a green egg, so must be some kind of EE. I am guessing the "zebra one" was a barred rock or something.

This happened today, I was telling my friend that I was hatching some Turkey eggs and she looked at me and was like

"I thought chickens only laid eggs"

And I was in photography class and my teacher walked by when I had a picture of my silkie on the screen and he goes "I have never seen a chicken like that, i didn't think they were all white, is that a winter thing? NEVER MIND THE FACT THAT IT WAS A SILKIE!!!!

Quote:
At least you got some people excited about it, everyone just thought I was more insane
big_smile.png
! It's gotten to the point where when I post something like "I'm not in love with the smell of wet chicken" my friends think I'm loosing it because I've stated that there's something I don't like about chickens. So when I got all excited about Harley it just fed right into that.

Back
Top Bottom