Funniest Things A City Slicker Has Ever Said To You?

Quote:
I've ridden Clydesdales...there seem to be two strains, kinda like the production RIR and show RIR. the smaller strain isn't much bigger than your average warmblood and make for good rides. I've also seen an eight-year old girl ride bareback on one of the big ones. It was amazing.

Quote:
At a Poultry Learning Day that I was asked to teach some classes at, I was having kids come in and tell me that they had just learned to tell what color eggs a chicken lays by the color of its legs. I was sort of open minded at first, but as they proceeded to tell me that my Sumatras must lay green eggs, my Welsummers white, my RIR white, and my beloved Cochin Frizzles also laid white eggs, I told them (gently) that this method was patently ridiculous. I never did find out who was poisoning their little minds....

I was just imagining my Sumies laying glossy green-black eggs... I wish chickens laid the color of their feathers.

This was from another forum I was reading. The question was asked, would you eat eggs fresh from the nest. Here is one of the replies:

Fresh!!! Eggs actually don't have cholesterol until day 3.

Umm...okay.
th.gif

This isn't quite a city slicker story, but it's still funny.

One of my younger brothers has really bad eyesight, and has had bifocals since he was about 10. We were going on a bike ride (he took his glasses off so they wouldn't fall and get broken) , and rode past the pasture of someone who had two goat wethers, a oberhasli and a lamancha. They came up to the fence and watched us ride by. They were way bigger than I had though goats could be (I had only seen dwarf goats before)
Me: "Wow, look at those. Aren't they huge?"
Brother glances at the goats: "Not really."
A while later we went past the pasture again on the way home, walking our bikes this time. The goats came back to the fence to watch us again. When they did, my brother took a few steps closer, squinted his eyes, and said "Wait a minuet! Those aren't horses!!"
lau.gif

Quote:
Why not ride a Clydesdale? I would if I had one. I used to ride a Percheron. She was over six feet at the withers and she weighed over a ton. Not everyone's cup of tea I admit, but I like to ride drafters. Other people do, too.

Nothing against riding them, but she was a 13 year old girl who was less than five feet tall. She had to use the fence to hop on.
lol.png

Quote:
Why not ride a Clydesdale? I would if I had one. I used to ride a Percheron. She was over six feet at the withers and she weighed over a ton. Not everyone's cup of tea I admit, but I like to ride drafters. Other people do, too.

Nothing against riding them, but she was a 13 year old girl who was less than five feet tall. She had to use the fence to hop on.
lol.png

Doesn't mean she can't control it.
wink.png

Quote:
lol.png

Doesn't mean she can't control it.
wink.png

Reminds me of the stubbornness horse I ever rode- His name was Red Hot and he was on his last chance- (thrown two riders but they were treating him wrong) he was tiny, all the huge horses they have put me on were great.

Quote:
lau.gif
Now that is funny! Oh dear, I've asked my friend (who actually has chickens) what her roosters tasted like, because they butchered most of them, but what I ment was do they have a specific taste, like were they chewy or did they taste weird or really different, you get the idea right?

Back
Top Bottom