Funniest Things A City Slicker Has Ever Said To You?

"you shot a deer in your backyard? i thought you needed to be in the woods for that"

"I was in the woods, and my back yard."

"I don't understand?"

Sigh..............

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

This thread is hilarious!!! Haha! Though honestly I didn't know a whole lot about chickens until I started college (I am an animal science major) and one of my professors (who is the Poultry Extension Officer of New England) taught a lecture on chickens and I was hooked! I ended up taking his poultry class and decided to get my own chickens, and then i found this site.

Anyway, I use to show my horse (a Belgian cross QH) almost every weekend. I was waiting to go into the ring once, and a woman walked up to me and said "Did you paint those diamonds on your horse's belly?" referring to my horses dapples!
gig.gif

Quote:
me: " The deer bed down in my back yard. I love it"

random listener: "You leave beds in your yard for deer?"

yuckyuck.gif
gig.gif

I should have said "yeah and I leave pillows and nightlights for them too!" but i and the person i as talking with just started laughing and the woman left looking embarrassed.

Last edited:
TODAY I GOT A PHONE CALL FROM AN ADD WE HAVE PLACED IN A LOCAL PAPER ABOUT OUR CHCIEKNS FOR SALE.. THE YOUNG MAN WAS ASKING ABOUT OUR BROWN EGG LAYING CHICKENS , I HAD TO TELL HIM THOSE WERE ALL READY SOLD. BUT I DID HAVE SOME COCHIN BANTY CHICKENS FOR SALE . HE ASKED ME IF THEY WOULD LAY EGGS TOO...

SOME PEOPLE????????????

My sister brought a couple of friends and herself up to my farm from the city and her friends had no idea that the eggs we buy in a store come from hens who lay eggs in a nest in a hen house that can be hot and smell a bit.
i doubt she'll eat an egg again.

My sister and myself thought that was a riot.
pop.gif

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
gig.gif

I should have said "yeah and I leave pillows and nightlights for them too!" but i and the person i as talking with just started laughing and the woman left looking embarrassed.

lol
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom